We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Competitive Westpac rates for...
- Home buyers. The Westpac Flexi First Option Home Loan - Basic Variable Rate (Owner Occupier, P&I) has a 2.29% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
- Investors. The Westpac Fixed Option Home Loan Premier Advantage Package - 2 Year (Investor, P&I) has a 2.29% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
Compare Westpac home loans
Compare Westpac home loan products below and hit "load more" to see a fuller selection of loans. "Enquire now" will open up a form where you can leave your details and get in touch with a mortgage broker, who can help you get more information about this loan and compare other, similar products. You can also find more information on each individual product by clicking "more info".
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Westpac lender profile
- Westpac started in Sydney in 1817 (as the Bank of New South Wales) and now has over 40,000 employees and 14 million customers.
- The bank offers credit cards, personal loans, bank accounts and other financial products.
- The Westpac group of lenders includes St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne and RAMS. Their mortgage products may be similar but are not identical.
Westpac mortgage features
Westpac has a range of mortgages that are aimed towards different segments of the market. It offers loans for first home buyers, investors, those looking to refinance, and those who want to access their existing home equity.
|Deposit size||You can borrow up to 95% with many Westpac mortgages.|
|Split rate||The Westpac Variable Rate Premier Advantage Package allows you to split your loan into fixed and variable portions.|
|Interest only||Most Westpac loans have interest only options available, usually with slightly higher interest rates.|
|Offset Account||There is an offset account offered with the Westpac Variable Rate Premier Advantage Package loan.|
How do I apply for a Westpac mortgage?
Clicking "Enquire now" on the Westpac comparison table lets you get in touch with a qualified mortgage broker whose lending panel includes Westpac and many other lenders. They can offer you free advice and guidance on the product you're interested in.
Each Westpac product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with Westpac you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
How to fill out the Westpac Property and Security Requests Form
Need to fill out a Westpac Property and Security Requests Form? Here are the steps to follow.
Westpac Flexi First Option Home Loan
The Westpac Flexi First Option Home Loan is a basic home loan with a competitive variable rate and no loan maintenance or extra repayment fees.
Westpac Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan
You can benefit from certainty over an extended period of time when you choose the Westpac Fixed Rate Investment Property Loan. Lock in to a low rate now and take advantage of their flexible repayment options.
Westpac Rocket Repay Home Loan
With a 100% mortgage offset account like the Westpac Rocket Repay home loan, you can own your home sooner.
Westpac Fixed Options Home Loan Review
Lock in and secure your interest rates with Westpac Fixed Options Home Loan. Compare the rates and product details of the loans.
Westpac Variable Rate Premier Advantage Package
The Westpac Premier Advantage Package offers discounts and waived fees in exchange for bundling your financial products together.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Ask an Expert