JewelCover offers specialised, standalone jewellery insurance. Its policies come with a few handy perks, like worldwide cover and complimentary revaluation, and it's underwritten by one of the biggest insurers in the world: Chubb Insurance Australia Limited.
- You don't need to worry about being underinsured – JewelCover policies come with free revaluation of your jewellery.
- You can choose how much cover you want — many home and contents insurance policies have a cap of between $1,000 and $5,000, unless you're willing to pay more.
- To insure a $6,500 piece of jewellery, you'll pay $178.75* a year. By comparison, the average contents insurance policy will cost you $512.28 a year, but could be better value for money.
*Price quote - 14.4.21. Contents insurance figure from Home Insurance cost page.
Here's an overview of JewelCover insurance:
- Jewellery insurance. JewelCover's jewellery insurance policy protects your jewellery. Unlike standard home insurance policies, this includes cover inside and outside the home. It also comes with additional perks, like the ability to return to your preferred jeweller in the case of a claim and complimentary revaluation of your jewellery.
- Watch insurance. JewelCover's watch insurance policy comes with cover for loss, damage, theft, natural disasters, mysterious disappearance and more. It also covers you for an agreed value, not "up to" that amount. The price of a policy depends on the value of your watch.
Here are some of the benefits included with JewelCover insurance:
- Worldwide cover. You get cover for anywhere in the world and there's no time limit on how long you travel for.
- Coverage inside and outside the home. A home insurance policy will only cover jewellery in your home, unless you pay extra. JewelCover protects it inside and outside the home.
- Return to your jeweller. You have the option to return your jewellery to your preferred or original jeweller when you make a claim.
- Agreed value. If your jewellery is lost or damaged, you'll be paid the agreed value, not a value "up to" the insured value.
- Complimentary revaluation of your jewellery. Jewellery value can change over time. To make sure you're not underinsured, JewelCover policy will revalue your jewellery every 12 months for free.
Every policy comes with exclusions. Here's what you won't be covered for with JewelCover:
- Acts of war
- Business property
- Cleaning and renovations
- Fungi and Mould
- Inherent vice and breakdown
- Intentional acts
- Nuclear, biological, chemical or radiation hazard
- Wear and tear
To make a claim, you can get in touch with JewelCover by calling 1300 522 808 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If your jewellery has been lost or stolen, you'll need to provide a Police Report and a Statutory Declaration. JewelCover will then review your documents and work with your preferred jeweller to repair or replace your jewellery.
Claims typically take around 5 business days to be processed and approved, but that can take longer depending on the circumstances.