We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
JewelCover offers specialised, standalone jewellery insurance. Its policies come with a few handy perks, like worldwide cover and complimentary revaluation, and it's underwritten by one of the biggest insurers in the world: Chubb Insurance Australia Limited.
- You don't need to worry about being underinsured – JewelCover policies come with free revaluation of your jewellery.
- You can choose how much cover you want — many home and contents insurance policies have a cap of between $1,000 and $5,000, unless you're willing to pay more.
- To insure a $6,500 piece of jewellery, you'll pay $178.75* a year. By comparison, the average contents insurance policy will cost you $512.28 a year, but could be better value for money.
*Price quote - 14.4.21. Contents insurance figure from Home Insurance cost page.
JewelCover Jewellery Insurance Cover Option
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What does JewelCover Insurance include?
Here's an overview of JewelCover insurance:
- Jewellery insurance. JewelCover's jewellery insurance policy protects your jewellery. Unlike standard home insurance policies, this includes cover inside and outside the home. It also comes with additional perks, like the ability to return to your preferred jeweller in the case of a claim and complimentary revaluation of your jewellery.
- Watch insurance. JewelCover's watch insurance policy comes with cover for loss, damage, theft, natural disasters, mysterious disappearance and more. It also covers you for an agreed value, not "up to" that amount. The price of a policy depends on the value of your watch.
What benefits come with JewelCover Insurance?
Here are some of the benefits included with JewelCover insurance:
- Worldwide cover. You get cover for anywhere in the world and there's no time limit on how long you travel for.
- Coverage inside and outside the home. A home insurance policy will only cover jewellery in your home, unless you pay extra. JewelCover protects it inside and outside the home.
- Return to your jeweller. You have the option to return your jewellery to your preferred or original jeweller when you make a claim.
- Agreed value. If your jewellery is lost or damaged, you'll be paid the agreed value, not a value "up to" the insured value.
- Complimentary revaluation of your jewellery. Jewellery value can change over time. To make sure you're not underinsured, JewelCover policy will revalue your jewellery every 12 months for free.
What's not covered by JewelCover?
Every policy comes with exclusions. Here's what you won't be covered for with JewelCover:
- Acts of war
- Business property
- Cleaning and renovations
- Fungi and Mould
- Inherent vice and breakdown
- Intentional acts
- Nuclear, biological, chemical or radiation hazard
- Wear and tear
How do I make a claim with JewelCover?
To make a claim, you can get in touch with JewelCover by calling 1300 522 808 or emailing email@example.com. If your jewellery has been lost or stolen, you'll need to provide a Police Report and a Statutory Declaration. JewelCover will then review your documents and work with your preferred jeweller to repair or replace your jewellery.
Claims typically take around 5 business days to be processed and approved, but that can take longer depending on the circumstances.
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Ask an Expert