Onemedifund makes your choice easy. You can either choose the highest level of hospital cover with no excess or the highest level of cover with a very small excess. Their two extras policies are equally strong, covering between 75-100% of the cost of many treatments.
Top 3 features
- Good for older people and families who want the highest levels of cover combined with the personalised customer service of a small insurer.
- Good for people who want access to wellness programs that help them track and improve their health.
- Beware if you like choice or want lower levels of cover to choose from.
Why compare health insurance with Finder?
We don't ask for your phone or email to see prices.
With 1 click, you can open your results to nearly every fund in Australia.
You pay the same price as going direct – we charge no fees.
onemedifund is a relatively new insurer established in 2007. It currently covers more than 15,000 and has paid out more than $150 million in benefits. They pride themselves on service, boasting that all customer phone calls will be answered by a person and not a keypad menu.
- Gold Hospital - $250 Excess & Comprehensive Extras. This package provides comprehensive cover for both hospital and extras services. It comes with a $250 excess or $500 for families, covering you for all 38 clinical categories required for a gold level rating, as well as extras services including all the essentials plus home nursing, speech therapy and more.
onemedifund also offers several programs to support your ongoing wellness. Here are a few:
- My Health Online. This online wellness portal provides members with an extensive selection of health tools to help them improve their wellbeing.
- My Health Risk Assessment. You can use this online tool to create a personalised health report and learn what you can do to improve your overall health.
- My Hospital @ Home. This program allows you to check out of hospital earlier by offering the treatment you need in the comfort and privacy of your home.
- Rehab @ Home This lets you access rehab services from home rather than having to stay in hospital. It lets you receive short-term therapy services like physio, occupational therapy and wound care at home - provided that your doctor agrees - for joint replacements, fractures, neurological conditions, respiratory conditions and more.
- Chemo @ Home onemedifund's hospital cover lets you receive chemotherapy treatment at home. This includes chemo, targeted cancer therapies and targeted therapies for inflammatory bowel disease.
- Strive for Health. This program provides telephone and face-to-face support to help members manage chronic health conditions.
- Healthy Weight for Life program. This member's benefit can assist with heart disease, diabetes and osteoarthritis management with health plans to help you manage your overall health and quality of life. It can assist you with weight loss, strength exercises and education to improve your health.
Other benefits include:
- Higher extras limits for members with five or more years of continuous cover
- Claims are paid within two days
- onemedifund service reps will answer your call in person without keypad menus
- You can save on out-of-pocket hospital costs with onemedifund's Access Gap scheme
When it comes to medical claims, most doctors will usually bill your health fund directly. If this doesn't happen you can use electronic claiming through the government's ECLIPSE system or submit a claim form via email or post.
You can make many of your extras claims automatically by swiping your onemedifund membership card with your treatment provider. Where electronic claiming is not available you can lodge your claim online, or fill out and submit a claim form (along with your receipts) by post or email.
Our health insurance engine is completely free to use. You pay the same as buying directly from the health insurer. Better still, we regularly run exclusive deals that you won't find on any other site.
Unlike other comparison sites, we're not owned by an insurer. That means our opinions are our own and you can compare nearly every health fund in Australia on the site (and find a better deal).
We're here to help
Since 2014, we've helped 350,000+ people find health insurance by explaining your options simply. We'll never ask for your number or email to see prices. We're here to help you make a decision.