Greater Bank Great Rate Fixed Rate Home Loan
Don’t pay for features you don’t want with the Great Rate Fixed Rate Home Loan
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
This loan is offered to owner occupiers purchasing or refinancing their homes, or to investors looking to buy an investment property or refinance an existing loan they have.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Greater Bank Great Rate Fixed Rate Home Loan?
- Low fees. The Great Rate Home Loan has no monthly or annual fees, so you don't have to worry about any savings you get from the competitive interest rates being eaten up by expensive charges.
- High maximum LVR. You can borrow up to 90% of the property's value with this home loan, so you can purchase a property with as little as a 5% deposit. Keep in mind that borrowing over 80% will come with Lender's Mortgage Insurance (LMI) fees.
- Flexible repayments. You can choose to make your loan repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly. This means you can pay at a pace which suits your lifestyle and the payment cycle of your employer.
- Interest only repayment options. You can choose to pay only the interest portion of your repayments with this loan, which can come with tax benefits if you're an investor. Note that making interest only payments rather than principal and interest repayments will not see your loan amount reduced. Interest only repayments can be made on this home loan for 5 years, and up to a maximum 10 years total.
- Make extra repayments to pay your loan faster. You can make additional repayments of up to 5% of the loan balance on this loan without attracting fees.
- Redraw facility. You can redraw any extra repayments for free through your online banking. This gives you the flexibility to make extra repayments on your home loan and access them later if you want to go on a holiday or pay for unexpected costs or bills for example.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Monthly fee. $0. There are no monthly fees charged as part of this loan.
- Annual fee. $0. There are no annual service fees charged by Greater Bank for this loan.
How to apply
If you decide to lodge an enquiry for this home loan, Greater Bank will want some basic contact information to help you, including your phone number, suburb, state and potential loan amount.
When applying for a home loan with Greater Bank you'll need to provide them with information about your income, assets and debts. This will help them decide whether or not you can afford and pay back this loan.