G&C Mutual Bank Momentum Home Loan
The Momentum Home Loan from G&C Mutual Bank has rates for investors and owner-occupiers looking to refinance. The loan comes with a 100% offset account.
The G&C Mutual Bank Momentum Home Loan is a loan for refinance customers looking to switch to a better deal. The loan has rates for owner-occupiers and property investors, with the most competitive rates for borrowers with more equity in their properties.
Richard Whitten is a money editor at Finder, and has been covering home loans, property and personal finance for 6+ years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely; and has appeared on various radio shows nationwide. He holds a Certificate IV in mortgage broking and finance (RG 206) and a Tier 1 Generic Knowledge certification (RG 146).
The G&C Mutual Bank Momentum Home Loan has principal-and-interest repayments for owner occupiers but investors can choose interest-only repayments as well. The loan has minimal fees and a 100% offset account. It is a loan for refinancers. While you can get this loan with a small amount of equity in your home you may have to pay lenders mortgage insurance (LMI).
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the G&C Mutual Bank Momentum Home Loan?
- Loan amount. The G&C Mutual Bank Momentum Home Loan has a minimum loan amount of $100,000.
- Loan to value ratio (minimum deposit). As a loan for refinancers, the Momentum Home Loan offers different rates depending on your loan to value ratio (LVR). The more equity you have in your property the less you need to borrow and you may be able to get a more competitive rate.
- Extra repayments and redraw. You can make extra repayments and access them via a redraw facility. There is a redraw fee of $30 to access this money.
- Offset account. This loan has an offset account, allowing you to put extra savings in an account linked to the loan, which offsets your interest charges and saves you money.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
This loan has minimal fees.
- Valuation fee: . This fee covers the cost of having your property valued and varies for each borrower.
- Legal fee: $0. This fee covers the lender's legal costs.
- Discharge fee: $300. You have to pay this fee when you close out the loan, either by repaying it or by refinancing again.
- Switching fee: $200. This fee only applies if you decide to switch from one G&C Mutual Bank home loan product to another.