A division of Police Bank, Border Bank offer banking products such as home loans, savings account and credit cards. Border Bank are a mutual bank. Mutuals are owned by their members who benefit from lower rates and fees. The Border Bank Savings Plus is a tiered account for savers looking for an incentive to save more. Different account balances attract different rates of interest. Balances over $30,001 are rewarded with 1.75% p.a. interest.
What are the features of the Border Bank Savings Plus account?
- No strings. Unlike other savings accounts, you are rewarded with interest regardless of your account activity for the month. There is no minimum deposit or minimum balance required to earn interest.
- No fees. This is a fee free saving account. There is no charge to open the account and there are no monthly account keeping fees.
- Making deposits. You can make deposits to the Savings Plus over the counter at a Border Bank service centre, via Bank@Post, direct credit from another financial; institution, telephone banking or by making a deposit at an ATM which accepts deposits to Border Bank.
- Making withdrawals. Access the funds in your savings account by transferring money to a transaction account. Transfers to another account with Border Bank can be made instantaneously, transfers to a transaction account held with another institution can take up to three business days before the funds are available.
- Mutual bank. Border Bank is a division of Police Bank. Police Bank is a mutual bank. Mutuals are owned by their customers. Every account holder has a say in how the institution is run. For this right, you have to pay a small membership fee of $10. There are no upfront fees, rather you must provide a guarantee to pay this charge if Border Bank ceases operation for whatever reason.
- Internet and mobile banking. Access your savings account using Border Bank internet banking. Online banking lets you view your savings balance, online statements, interest earned for the last financial year and you can make transfers to other accounts. Internet banking is also available on your desktop computer and mobile device. Border Bank mobile banking is a simplified version of the desktop application.
- Eligibility. You need to be a member of Border Bank before you can apply for the Savings Plus account.
- No minimum deposit required
- Competitive interest rate
- At-call access to funds
- There's a $10 membership fee
How do I apply for the Border Bank Savings Plus account?
Visit Border Bank website to start an online application for the Savings Plus account.
Become a general member of Border Bank first before you apply for the Border Bank Savings Plus account. To become a general a member, you can apply for a transaction account or other savings account such as the Bonus Saver, or you can request a membership by contacting the Border Bank service centre.
If you’re a new customer to Border Bank, you’ll need to verify your identity before you can open an account. Existing customers can apply through internet banking.
- Identification.Provide one form of category A identification such as an Australian passport, driver's licence of state government proof of age card. You can also use two forms of non-photographic identification like a birth certificate and a Centrelink card.
Once you provide your information to Border Bank they’ll be in touch with further details about how to open the Savings Plus.