Save on your mortgage with a 100% offset account, discounted rate and no establishment or monthly fees
Beyond Bank is a mutual bank, meaning that it’s completely owned by its customers, and profits are invested back into products and services which benefit them.
This translates through to all Beyond Bank products, including the Standard Variable Home Loan, which allows you to use a 100% offset account to minimise the interest you pay, and for a limited time, has a special rate offer and waived fees for new home loans above $150,000 with a minimum 20% deposit.
|Product Name||Beyond Bank Standard Variable Rate Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$150,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||No|
|Suitable for Investment||No|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
|Early Termination Fee||$0|
- Low variable rate
- No application fees
- No monthly service fees
- 100% offset account
- Redraw facility
- Minimum loan of $150,000 required
- Maximum loan amount is limited to 80% of the value of the property
Who is this home loan suited to?
The Beyond Bank Standard Variable Home Loan is suitable to owner occupiers buying a home, those looking to buy an investment property, and those looking to refinance or renovate their existing home.
It’s also suited to those buying their first home, as the Parent Equity feature allows your parents to guarantee a portion of your home loan to help cover your deposit.
What are the features of the Beyond Bank Standard Variable Home Loan?
There are a number of ways this home loan can help you manage your finances and pay your loan off sooner:
- It has a 100% offset account. A 100% offset account is a transaction account linked to your home loan. Any funds in it offset interest on your home loan. For example, $10,000 in an offset account on a home loan of $100,000 would only see you pay interest on $90,000.
- You can pay interest only for up to five years. This can help you minimise your repayments if you’re using this loan to purchase an investment property.
- You can make extra repayments on this home loan without penalty. Putting more towards your loan can see it get paid off sooner, and this loan has no penalties for making lump sum payments, and no early repayment fees.
- You can withdraw extra repayments made through the redraw facility. This loan has a redraw facility so you can get access to extra repayments if you need them.
- You can use guarantors to help with your deposit. Your parents can guarantee a part of your loan with their home to help with your deposit. This can minimise or remove the need to save for a deposit, and save you money in Lender’s Mortgage Insurance (LMI) fees.
- Weekly, fortnightly and monthly repayments are available. You can pay this loan off at a frequency which suits you, to fit in with when you get paid.
- You can use this loan to build a home. This loan can be used to construct your dream home or investment property.
- Split rates are available. You can split this loan into both variable and fixed portions, which allow you to have more control over your loan and get some of the benefits of both interest types.
What fees will Beyond Bank charge for this home loan?
As with all home loans, there are some fees you’ll want to be aware of:
- Establishment fee. Usually $445. This is a fee charged to cover the administration and related costs when finalising your application. It’s not charged as part of the special rate offer.
- Settlement fee. $150. This fee is charged to cover the cost of arranging your funds, and also isn’t charged as part of the special rate offer.
- Valuation fees. (vary depending on valuation method). These are charged where applicable to cover the cost of independently valuing your property.
- Legal fees. Where applicable, these fees are charged to cover relevant legals costs.
Beyond Bank charges no monthly or annual service fees for this loan.
What do I need to apply for this loan?
As with most home loan applications, you’ll need to have some information about where you work, including your employer’s address.
You’ll also need to give Beyond Bank some personal information, including your address, information about how much you earn, and some information about what assets and liabilities you currently have. You’ll also need to supply your drivers licence number.
How do I know if I’m eligible for this home loan?
Beyond Bank have a few criteria you’ll need to satisfy before you apply:
- You must have a regular monthly net income of more than $2,000
- You must have a good credit history, which means no unpaid defaults and no declarations of bankruptcy
- You must agree to a credit check by Beyond Bank
- You must be over 18 years old
- You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
I’m interested in this home loan, how can I enquire?
Clicking on the ‘Go to Site’ button will securely transfer you to Beyond Bank’s website, where you can find out more about this loan and start an application or enquiry.
Enquire about this home loan