BCU Term Deposit
- Interest rate 12 months interest rate
- Up to 4.75% p.a.
- Minimum opening deposit
- Account keeping fee
- Maximum deposit
Deposit as little as $1,000
Terms from one month to three years
No setup or account keeping fees
Fixed rate of interest
Flexible repayment and reinvestment solutions
Interest rates are less competitive than some savings accounts
You can't access your money for the duration of the term
|Product Name||BCU Term Deposit|
|3 month interest rate||4.35%|
|4 month interest rate||3.70%|
|6 month interest rate||4.60%|
|7 month interest rate||4.55%|
|9 month interest rate||4.55%|
|12 month interest rate||4.75%|
|24 month interest rate||4.40%|
|36 month interest rate||4.00%|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$1,000|
|Minimum age requirement||18|
|Minimum Age Requirement||18|
|Joint account availability||No|
|Available to children||Not available for children|
Available to non-BCU customers
The BCU Term Deposit is available to customers and non-customers.
$0 account keeping fees
You're charged zero account keeping fees, and there's no charges to set up the account.
Terms from one month to three years
Choose an investment term of between one and 36 months, and an original investment amount of up to $999,999. If you'd like to invest more than this amount, BCU offers more competitive interest rates for larger balances.
Fixed interest rate
The benefit of a term deposit is that your interest rate is fixed for the life of the term, meaning it won't change even if interest rates are reduced. This also enables you to calculate your exact interest earnings for the life of the term.
Protection of up to $250,000
This product offers the government deposit guarantee of up to $250,000.
Interest can be paid out monthly, annually or at maturity
You can choose to have interest paid out monthly, annually or at maturity (at which time interest can also be reinvested). For investments of more than six months, you can also opt for quarterly or bi-annual interest payments. Important to note that early interest withdrawals incur a penalty.
Mobile banking app available
BCU offers a mobile banking app which is free to download, so you can easily keep an eye on your account when you're on the go.
How to applyYou don't need to be an BCU customer to be eligible for this product. Interested individuals and businesses can apply online.
Here's some other information you'll need when applying for BCU Investment.
- Minimum age. You have to be a minimum of 18 years old to apply for this product.
- Residency requirements. You must be an Australian resident with a valid residential address. BCU might still be able to assist you if you don't live in Australia.
- Depository requirements. A minimum original investment of $1,000 is required (the maximum amount is $999,999).
- Tax File Number. You can choose whether or not to disclose your tax file number. However, if you don't quote this information or claim an exemption, tax will be subtracted from your interest.
- Identification. You will be asked to supply positive identification, which can include your Australian passport, driver's licence and/or your Medicare card. Your personal information will be checked by an external verification company before your application is approved.
- Other info required. You'll also be asked for contact details like email addresses and phone numbers. Supply a security password so that BCU can identify you when you contact them. Businesses have to fill in an inquiry form before submitting an application for this product.
What happens after I submit my application?
If you're a new customer, BCU will send along membership details and login information for online transactions. Both new and existing customers will receive information about the Investment plan once the application has been approved.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked