Bank First First Rate Home Loan
Get a basic home loan package with flexible features.
The Bank First First Rate Home Loan is a basic home loan available only to owner-occupiers. It offers flexible repayments and a redraw account.
Adam Smith was the home loans editor at Finder.
The Bank First First Rate Home Loan is geared towards first-time buyers. You can borrow up to 95% of the value of the property you're buying, and the loan offers a family guarantee option.
About this loan
What are the feature and benefits of the Bank First First Rate Home Loan?
- Loan amount. The Bank First First Rate Home Loan has a minimum borrowing amount of $150,000 and a maximum borrowing amount of $1,000,000. You can borrow up to 95% of the value of the property you're buying, but be aware that borrowing more than 80% will incur a lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) premium.
- Family guarantee option. You can avoid paying LMI by having a family member serve as guarantor.
- Repayment frequency. You can choose to repay your home loan weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Redraw account. The Bank First First Rate Home Loan allows you to redraw up to $30,000 of any extra repayments you've made. Be aware, though, that there is a minimum redraw amount of $500.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Establishment fee: $300. This fee covers the administrative costs involved with processing your application. Establishment fee is waived for First Rate Home Loan first home buyers.
- Discharge fee: $395. This fee is charged when you close your home loan account either by repaying or refinancing your home loan.
How to apply
If you believe the Bank First First Rate Home Loan is the product for you, click the link below. You'll be directed to Bank First's website where you'll be walked through the home loan application process.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up to $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 80% of the property's value (terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.