You can open the Australian Military Bank Mess Account if you’re an Australian Defence Force (ADF) related organisation such as a mess, club or canteen. This everyday account gives you access to funds in different ways, letting you pay bills and transact with equal ease. The account does not attract any ongoing monthly fees.
What are the features of the Australian Military Bank Mess Account?
- Minimum balance. You don’t need any minimum balance to get started.
- Visa debit card. The account allows for unlimited card holders. You can use the Visa debit card linked to your account to withdraw cash at ATMs and to make transactions at EFTPOS terminals the world over. You can also use your card details to make online and over the phone transactions. Every Visa debit card attracts an annual fee of $30.
- Visa payWave. Your payWave enabled debit card lets you make tap and go contactless payments for purchases less than $100. You can make use of this feature at any merchant that displays the payWave symbol.
- Online, phone and mobile banking. The bank gives account holders round-the-clock access to their accounts via its online, phone and mobile banking platforms. You get details of all account related transactions through online banking. The mobile banking app lets you view your account history. You can use these platforms to carry out different banking functions as well.
- BPAY. Accountholders get access to BPAY, which they can use to pay bills. Every BPAY transaction attracts a fee of $0.60.
- Direct debits, credits and periodical payments. You can move money in and out of your account easily by setting up direct credits and debits as well as periodical payments. Direct debits attract fees as do periodical payments.
- Cheque book access. You can get access to an optional cheque book if required, which comes at a cost.
- Banking at Australia Post. You can transact by visiting Australia Post Bank@Post outlets. Cash withdrawals attract fees. You can also deposit cash and cheques at Bank@Post outlets.
- Interest. The money in your account earns interest at the rate of 0.01% p.a. The bank calculates interest on the minimum monthly balance and pays it out annually on 31st May.
- Monthly fees. The account does not attract any ongoing monthly fees.
- Other fees. You may have to pay other fees from time to time. These can include rediATM withdrawal fees, direct debit dishonour fees, card replacement fees, overseas ATM fees and foreign currency conversion fees.
- No minimum balance
- Savings available on call
- No monthly account fees
- Available for eligible organisations
How do I apply for the Australian Military Bank Mess Account?
You can apply for the Australian Military Bank Access Account online, over the phone or by visiting any branch. To apply, you have to meet these eligibility criteria:
- You are applying as an ADF related organisation such as a mess, club or canteen
- You, as the primary signatory, are over 18 years of age
Completing the application requires that you provide different kinds of information, which includes:
- Your organisation’s Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Its registered address as well as it official phone number and email address
Every authorised signatory and Visa debit card holder is required to complete a legally mandated identity verification process. They can do this using their Australian driver’s licenses or Medicare cards.
If you don’t have all the required information to complete the application in one go the bank lets you save it and return to it later. After you submit your application it makes its way to the bank’s direct service team. If you wish to track the status of your application you can use the reference number you get when you submit it.