Get Amazon Prime free for 6 months with an NBN or mobile plan
Plus a whole range of other offers with Optus SubHub.
Want to save 5-10% across your endless number of subscriptions and get free Amazon Prime for 6 months while you're at it?
It's a matter of choosing the right mobile phone or Internet plan with Optus. Until 30 April, you'll get:
- Free 6 months Amazon Prime via SubHub with any Optus NBN plan]
- Free 6 months Amazon Prime via SubHub with any Optus Choice Plus mobile plan
How do I get it?
Optus SubHub is available for free to new and existing customers on select mobile and Internet plans.
SubHub is a platform for bundling and saving on your subscriptions. To get 6 months of free Amazon Prime you'll need to do the following:
- Be an existing Optus mobile or Internet customer OR sign up for an eligible Optus mobile or Internet plan (see eligible plans below).
- Sign up to SubHub for free, here you can add any existing subscriptions.
- Pick 6 months of Amazon Prime for free including free Amazon Shipping, Amazon Prime Video, Prime Gaming, Prime Reading and Amazon Music.
Better yet, SubHub rewards you for adding more than 1 subscription.
- With 2 subscriptions added you'll save 5% on both
- With 3 or more, you'll save 10% across them all
For example, you can migrate an existing Netflix Standard subscription ($16.99 a month) to your SubHub and claim this Amazon Prime offer (6 months free, $6.99 a month after that) to unlock a 5% saving on both.
You'll save $94.08 over a year with the 6-month free Amazon Prime offer, together with SubHub's 5% discount if you add Netflix to the mix.
What's the catch?
- The only catch is that 6 months of free Amazon Prime is only available to new and lapsed members and you'll need to be an Optus customer to sign up for SubHub.
This offer is valid until 30 April 2022.
Which plans are eligible for SubHub?
New and existing Optus postpaid customers can sign up to SubHub to score the Amazon Prime deal.
This includes the full range of Optus Choice Plus Plans:
- Starting from $45 per month for 20GB on its Small plan
- All the way up to $65 per month for 500GB on its Promo plan.
You'll also get access to SubHub via Optus' range of NBN plans too:
- $79 per month with 50Mbps speed on the Optus Internet Everyday plan
- $89 per month for the first 6 months (then $99) with 100Mbps speed on the Optus Internet Everyday Fast plan
Or get a standard Netflix subscription thrown in for free (in conjunction with 6 months of free Amazon Prime) on the following NBN plans:
- Optus Internet Family Entertainer – $89 a month for the first 6 months, then $99 thereafter
- Optus Internet Family Entertainer Fast – $109 a month for the first 6 months, then $119 thereafter
What else is included with SubHub?
Of course, Amazon Prime isn't the only freebie up for grabs. You can also nab the following subscriptions for free at the moment.
- 3 months of iwonder, a documentary streaming service.
- 1 month of the Britbox streaming service, offer valid until withdrawn.
- 3 months of Calm meditation app subscription, offer valid until withdrawn.
- 3 months of a MasterClass subscription, offer valid until 23 May 2022.
- 1 month of the Sweat fitness program subscription, offer valid until withdrawn.
Are there any other ways to get free Amazon Prime?
If Optus' deal isn't for you there are other ways to get free Amazon Prime. AGL is offering a whopping 12 months of Amazon Prime for free when you switch.