- If you're looking for a competitive bonus interest rate
- Insights into your spending and saving
- Reminders when you're not on track with your savings
- If you need to withdraw from your savings from time to time
Not suited for
- Customers with savings balance over $100,000
- Customers who can't deposit $1,000 a month
What to know about the 86 400 Save account
|Product Name||86 400 Save Account|
|Standard Interest Rate (Savings Account)||0.4%|
|Bonus Interest Rate (Savings Account)||1.85%|
Features of the 86 400 Save account
This savings account offers the following features:
No account-keeping fees
There are no account-keeping fees or set-up fees to open this savings account. You do need to first open an 86 400 Pay account.
Earn a bonus interest rate of up to 2.25%
This account offers a total variable interest rate of 2.25% when the account conditions are met. This includes a base rate of 0.4% and a bonus rate of 1.85%.
Conditions to earn bonus interest
To earn the bonus interest rate, you need to deposit $1,000 each month into either your 86 400 Save account or your 86 400 Pay account. You can move the money out of the account after, just as long as $1,000 hits your account each month.
Savings reminders to help you save
If you haven't yet met your $1,000 deposit condition for the month, you'll get a nudge notification telling you how much left you have to deposit in order to earn bonus interest that month.
Linked transaction account
When you download the 86 400 app and create and account, you'll get a Save account and a Pay account automatically. The Pay account is an everyday transaction account with no account-keeping fees and a linked Visa Debit card. You can transfer money between your Pay and Save accounts using the 86 400 app.
Australian Government Guarantee Scheme
Your deposit up to $250,000 with 86 400 is protected by the government. This is your deposit per institution, so this value includes the money in both your Pay and Save accounts.
How to open an 86 400 Save account
To open an 86 400 Save account, you must open an 86 400 Pay account at the same time. To do this, you must be at least 16 years old and an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Download the 86 400 app for free from the App Store or Google Play.
- Go through the identity verification process to open your Pay and Save accounts. This takes just a few minutes.
- Transfer money from an existing bank account to your new 86 400 Pay account, which you can then divide between your Pay and Save accounts as you wish.