86 400 Own home loan – fixed
Check out this flexible fixed rate offer from a digital lender, with rates for home buyers and investors.
The Own home loan - fixed from 86 400 is a fixed rate loan that offers competitive rates and flexible options, including a redraw facility and limited extra repayments. The loan is available for PAYG borrowers and has rates for home buyers and investors, plus the choice to make interest-only repayments.
Richard Whitten is an editor at Finder, and has been covering home loans and the property market in Australia for the last 4 years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely, as well as multiple banks and lenders. Richard has a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, a Bachelor of Education from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Certificate in Communication. He enjoys helping people understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea.
This fixed loan has competitive rates and only a few fees. It's more flexible than many fixed rate loans, as it offers a redraw facility and you can make up to $20,000 in extra repayments during the fixed term.
86 400 is one of the newer lenders operating in Australia. It's a digital bank that's entirely online, and they combine a fast online application process with a smartphone app that lets you manage your money and your home loan. This is definitely a loan for tech-savvy borrowers who want convenient app-based banking and payment services with their loan.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the 86 400 Own home loan - fixed?
- Loan purpose. The 86 400 Own home loan - fixed is available for both owner-occupiers (home buyers) and property investors. It has different rates for each. Borrowers can also choose interest-only repayments.
- Loan-to-value ratio. You can borrow up to 80% of your property's value.
- Features. This loan lets you make up to $20,000 in extra repayments during the fixed period. It also offers a redraw facility, allowing you to spend extra repayments if you need to. There's a split option allowing you to divide your loan into fixed and variable portions.
- Fees. The loan has an application fee and a service fee charged yearly to maintain your account.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
86 400 charges several fees with this loan:
- Application fee: $250. This fee covers the administrative cost of processing a home loan application. It is a one-off fee.
- Service fee: $250. This fee is charged annually to cover the management of the account.
- Valuation fee: $0. The valuation fee is free up to $300. If the valuation costs more than this the borrower must pay the difference
How to apply
If you'd like to apply for this product or just get more information, click the green button and follow the application process to speak to an 86 400 mortgage specialist.
To be eligible for an 86 400 home loan, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have good credit history.
- Be buying a residential property (not vacant land).