Wanderlust With: Pati Rose
From beautiful beaches to dark and edgy cities, Pati Rose loves them all.
If you're one of the 48.9k who follows Pati Rose aka @tantalisingtravels on Instagram you'll know that the beach is where she belongs.
Kindred soul? We stole her away for a chat to catch some inspiration for our next big beach break.
Q. What's the last holiday you took?
A: The last holiday I took was to the Philippines, I absolutely fell in love with El Nido while I was there. It's literally bursting with some of the most incredible lagoons and islands I've seen, plus there's an awesome little surf beach nearby, which I loved!
View this post on Instagram
One of my favourite things about travelling is finding hidden gems that I can enjoy (almost) all to myself - and this gorgeous beach definitely fits the brief! 🌴🌴🌴 . . . #travelroaming #traveltheworld101 #loves_united_asia #unlimitedasia #explorerladies #travelinladies #ilovetravel #travelguide #travelgram #travellover #traveltips #girlstravellingsolo #girlslovetravel #femmetravel #wetravelgirls #speechlessplaces #citizenfemme #nomadgirls #travelgirlsgo #lonelyplanet #philippines #itsmorefuninthephilippines #pilipinis #boracay #onlyinthephilippines #the_ph #goph #iamtb #wanderlust
Q: What about the first holiday you took?
A: The first overseas holiday I took was to Thailand with a group of friends, a very long time ago! The trip definitely opened my eyes to the beauty of the world and I couldn't wait to get back overseas again – although I'm a much different traveller these days.
Q: What's your favourite destination in the world?
A: This is a tough one as I've had the opportunity to visit so many amazing places! I would probably have to say Brazil – it's absolutely bursting with culture and beauty, and it has a dark dangerous edge to it (which I quite enjoy). Plus it's the kind of country where you can really immerse yourself in the culture which I love to do when travelling.
Q: What are the top three things you like to do there?
A: Obviously a visit to Brazil wouldn't be complete without seeing Rio. It's probably the most spectacularly beautiful harbour city I've been to, surrounded by jagged mountains and stunning beaches, with some crazy good sunsets, which is almost a given! Aside from Rio my top three would be:
- Heading to Salvador for Carnival: Carnival is big all over Brazil, but in Salvador it's insane!!! And here, rather than watching the parade, you can actually join in, hitting the streets with a bloco or literally just joining with the parade as it moves through the streets! It's probably the craziest party in the world!
- A visit to Paraty: The gorgeous colonial town is stunning in its own right, but just outside it there are some awesome natural waterslides. I've been to natural waterslides in Australia but this place is something else! It's a local hotspot, and boy do they show off!!! Sliding down on their feet and somersaulting into the pools below. It's crazy to watch but also just as fun to join in!!! The locals are so inviting that they'll wait up the top to get you into position and even help launch you down the rocks. It's an absolute blast!
- My favourite place in Brazil is hands down Itacare: This awesome beach town is everything I love about travelling. It's got some wicked surf beaches (my favourite sport to both do and watch!) and some ridiculously talented locals. Head down to the beach and there'll be surfers doing 360s, locals doing capoeira and slackliners doing flips. You can literally hang on the beach and watch in amazement all day as the Brazilians do their thing! And at night the streets come alive with pop up cocktail bars for a mini street party!
View this post on Instagram
With parades aplenty is impossible to not get caught up in the party atmosphere- be it night or day or anything in between! During this week long fiesta Salvador celebrates 24 hours a day! 🎉 . . . #carnivalbrazil #riocarnival #salvadorbrazil #brazil_repost #brazil #olhar_brazil #brazilgram_para #braziltravel #brazililike #brazilworldofficial #salvadormania #awesomeglobe #openmyworld #wanderlust #backpacker #instagood #instatravel #picoftheday #travelingshoot #travelstoke #travel #seetheworld #karnivalking #fantasticolours #wonderfulworld #warrenjc #travellingtheworldd #thetravelfever #theworldguru #backpackerstory
Q: What are the top three items you can’t leave home without?
Q: Lastly, if you could only pick one – beach, city or mountains which would it be?
A: Definitely beach! (Although I looovvvveeeee the outback.) I'm a beach girl from way back, I love surfing and every holiday I try to seek out the local surf hot spots – it's a great way to meet locals and get all the hot tips on the hidden gems and must do's in the area!
Finder's Wanderlust With is a monthly series featuring travellers and bloggers from around the world. Check back every 10th of the month to be inspired for your next journey.
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained
- 70% of Australians “too scared to travel”, but are they wrong?
- 5 early Black Friday travel deals: Bag a bargain right now
- 10 Click Frenzy™ travel deals that can save you up to 45%
- 3 cheapest places to fly now Australia’s international borders are open