Up Everyday Account Review
- Account keeping fee
- ATM withdrawal fee
- Overseas ATM withdrawal fee
Up offers an everyday account for your daily spending and a bonus savings account that pays you a competitive interest rate. The everyday account is completely managed via the app, and offers a bunch of handy digital tools and features to help you manage your money.
Bill detection and reminders
Available on Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay
No International ATM fee at most major bank ATMs
Card delivery time
|Product Name||Up Everyday Account|
|Monthly account fee||$0|
|Own network ATM fee||$0|
|International transaction fee||0%|
|Monthly deposit required to waive account fee||N/A|
|Contactless Payments||Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay|
|Joint account availability||No|
|Minimum opening deposit||N/A|
You can sign up for an Up transaction account in a couple of minutes and it's compatible with both Android and iOS. You'll be able to get a PayID on application to make instant payments to other bank accounts and you'll receive your Up card in 5-10 days. While you're waiting for your card to arrive, you can set up Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay and start making contactless purchases with your smartphone instantly.
When you use the card, your transactions are automatically categorised and you'll receive real-time reports. You'll also have more visibility into your spending with details such as merchant IDs, the time of day you made the purchase and the location being available. Up also automatically detects your regular bills and predicts when they will next occur.
Features on offer with Up
Up offers a number of features with its products which include the following:
- More detailed spending history. Up's "Naked Truth" feature aims to give you more clarity on your spending habits. Your transactions will display the amount you spent as well as the merchant, the time of day you made the purchase and the location.
- Spending insights. Aside from telling you how much you've spent and where you've spent it, Up will share how often you're buying. For example, you'll be able to see your total expenditures at a chain of stores across the country along with your average purchase amount. You will also see a weekly total and be able to check your balance without needing to log in.
- Payment splitting. Up offers a "conversational payments" feature in its app whereby you can make payments in real time to people and businesses. Your payment history with a particular person will be shown in a message format, similar to WhatsApp. You'll have the option to pay using people's PayID or BSB and account number.
- Automated categorisation. Your transactions will automatically be categorised to get real-time reports into your spending.
- Bills are automatically detected. Up will be able to detect regular charges and bills and help you budget for them. For example, it tracks when your subscriptions are direct debited and reminds you when they're coming up.
- Payment options. You can use a range of payment options with Up including Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay.
- Savings roundups. You're able to nominate roundups, which means your transactions will be automatically rounded up and contributed to your linked savings account.
- Link to Afterpay. Up has an innovative way of displaying purchases made using Afterpay. If you make an Afterpay purchase you will be able to see the details of the products you purchase as well as when the instalments are due to be debited out of your account.
- Multiple savings accounts. Set up multiple savings accounts within the Up app and have them linked to an individual savings goal. You can earn bonus interest across these accounts up to a combined balance of $1,000,000
- Low fees. You won't be charged for your transaction account, ATM withdrawals, international transaction fees or your savings accounts. Fees will apply when your account is overdrawn.
- Access ATMs for free. You can make free ATM withdrawals at most major bank-owned ATMs in Australia and overseas. However, some smaller ATM operators will charge a fee, so make sure you check on the ATM screen when you're making your withdrawal.
How to apply
Up transaction and savings accounts are available to individuals over the age of 16. You just need $1 in the account to get started.
To open an account, download the Up app on your Android or iOS device and provide the necessary information and documentation, such as your home address and driver's licence. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes. Once verified, your card will arrive 5-10 days later.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
September 30, 2023
Hello. Just a quick question.
Once I’ve purchased a card and deposited money on to it, Will I be able to use the card for purchases online straight away? Before it arrives in the mail ?
Also just wanted to say this,
This is my first time using Finder, and i think it’s brilliant.
I spent way too long reading through the “ask an expert “ section though , because I enjoyed it.
It got me thinking….. “Wow I should get back to work lol.
Some great questions were asked, and all were answered politely and accurately.
I noticed there when an expert replies to a question, a little profile pic of the expert pops up. That’s awesome, because the experts are not only super helpful, But also super attractive.
( In a professional sense of course. ) also
It would be fun to read a brief bio about each
Oh, and one more thing.
Whoever the “lucky expert is that gets to read this, can you do me just 2 small favours pretty please?
1…. Keep up the great work!
2…. Could you please tell Sarah Megginson that she’s a walking, talking reason to live. What a wonderful woman she is. Inside and outside.
Show more Show less
Shubham Pandey Finder
October 23, 2023
Thank you for your kind words and feedback! We truly appreciate your positive feedback about our company and our dedicated employee. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we’re delighted to hear about your positive experience.
Regarding your question, please find the answer below.
You can sign up for an Up transaction account in a couple of minutes and it’s compatible with both Android and iOS. You’ll be able to get a PayID on application to make instant payments to other bank accounts and you’ll receive your Up card in 5-10 days. While you’re waiting for your card to arrive, you can set up Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay and start making contactless purchases with your smartphone instantly.
Also, I’ll make sure your message reaches Sarah :)
Show more Show less
March 28, 2023
How do you put money on the card as there is no info on this and i cannot seam to be able to
Sarah Megginson Finder
April 25, 2023
Your Up spending account has a BSB and Account Number like any other bank account in Australia. You can transfer funds into this account by transferring them using these details. You can also deposit cheques through Bank@Post™ at your local Australia Post outlet with no fees attached.
Hope this helps1
Show more Show less
October 20, 2022
Will there ever be an option to have more than one card for an account? The only downside I find with Up at the moment is everything comes out of the 1 account, I like to split long term bills and every day transactions instead of tracking everything I spend
Alison Banney Finder
November 11, 2022
You’ve reached Finder. We aren’t sure what Up’s plans are for its account, you’re best to contact them directly to ask about any upcoming plans to launch mini/sub-accounts.
April 04, 2022
Can I just open a UP online account for online shopping purpose and I don’t need any physical card?
Alison Banney Finder
April 06, 2022
Yes, you can use the account for online transactions without the debit card.
July 31, 2021
Does Up Bank have an online portal accessible through a standard internet browser, or is it only accessible entirely through a phone app?
Alanna Glenn Finder
August 02, 2021
Hi Andy, Up Bank is available exclusively through the Up app.