Travel with Jane
You can support the fight for gender equality by buying your travel insurance from Travel with Jane.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Finder's favourite features:
1. Travel with Jane supports the 'Scrap the Gap' campaign by donating 10% of all sales to the cause.
2. Get flexibility by choosing various add on packs to your policy
3. Covers travellers for up to 99 years old
Compare Travel with Jane travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Travel with Jane's Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||$25,000|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$10,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||99|
Table updated June 2020
Travel with Jane policy options
Compare the four policy options that Travel with Jane offer.
Travel with Jane review of policy features
Here is a list of benefits included in Travel with Jane travel insurance policies (as of 1st of July 2019), this should make it easier to figure out which policy is suitable for your trip.
|Overseas medical and hospital||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||No cover|
|Overseas dental||$500||$2,000||$2,000||No cover|
|Overseas funeral expenses||$10,000 per person||$15,000 per person||$20,000 per person||No cover|
|Cancellation costs||No cover||$15,000||$25,000||$25,000|
|Travel agent cancellation fees||No cover||$2,000||$3,000||$3,000|
|Emergency medical & transport||No cover||$500,000||Unlimited||No cover|
|Loss of income||No cover||$5,200||$12,000||No cover|
|Travel delay||No cover||$1,500||$3,000||$1,500|
|Airfares for resumption of travel||No cover||$1,500||$3,000||No cover|
|Alternative transport costs for special events||No cover||$2,000||$5,000||No cover|
|Theft or damage to baggage & personal items||No cover||$2,000||$10,000||$10,000|
|Personal money/cash||No cover||$300||$1,000||$1,000|
|Luggage delay||No cover||$500||$750||$750|
|Return airfare||No cover||$1,000||$5,000||No cover|
|Cash in hospital||$100 / $1,500||$150 / $3,500||$200 / $6,000||No cover|
|Travel documents||No cover||$2,500||$6,000||No cover|
|Emergency non-medical expenses||$5,000||$15,000||$25,000||$5,000|
|Emergency travel companion||No cover||$2,000||$2,500||No cover|
|Personal accident||No cover||$15,000||$37,500||$15,000|
|Housing of domestic pets||No cover||No cover||$650||$650|
|Domestic services||No cover||$2,000||$10,000||$10,000|
|Hijack||No cover||$500 per day||$1,000 per day||No cover|
Table updated: June 2020
You only pay for the benefits that matter to you. Think about your trip and add on the benefits to make a tailored policy for you.
- Snow. Add this pack onto your policy if you're going on a snow trip internationally or domestically. Get cover for your own equipment and prepaid costs like lift passes and accommodation.
- Pregnancy. Covers pregnancy for up to 32 weeks (with a single baby) for unexpected or emergency medical help while you're traveling.
- Cruise. Add this pack onto your policy to cruise in peace knowing you're covered for things such as onboard medical assistance, missed shore excursions, and even if you're fancy gown is lost or damaged.
- Device. Is your phone worth more than $1,000? Specific limits apply to items such as phones, laptops and cameras. Make sure you get the right level of cover for your electronics.
- Adventure. Walking on the wilder side? Get cover for sports injuries, if your equipment is damaged or if you get sick and can't partake your activity.
- Car rental excess. This can reduce your out-of-pocket expenses if you get into an accident with your rental car on your trip.
- Water sports. Cover for your underwater and on-water gear such as surfboards and diving gear.
- Business. Cover for your business equipment and business related expenses while you're traveling.
- Bicycle. If your bike is worth more than $1,500, get your fancy bike cover for loss, theft and damage while you're traveling.
- Golf. Golf gear can be expensive stuff, get cover against loss, theft and damage.
What is not covered in your policy
As with most insurers, there are some things that you cannot get cover for. A more detailed list can be found in your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
- If you're claim is related to an add-on pack and you did not purchase the add-on. For example, if you are injured while skiing and you didn't purchase a snow pack, you will most likely not be covered for out-of-pocket expenses.
- You're not covered if you participate in parachuting, skydiving, hang gliding or are in an air supported device unless you're in a licenced passenger aircraft or chartered company.
- If you choose to ignore government travel warnings.
- If you involve yourself with criminal acts, dishonesty or collusion.
- Out-of-pocket travel expenses caused by your own booking errors and arrangements, for example, if you were refused entry into a country because you didn't have the right visas.
A full list of general exclusions can be found on Page 57 of Travel with Jane's PDS.
Travel with Jane's claim and contact details
Claims and contact details
Emergency Response Team (24/7 help): +61 2 9159 6649
Make a claim online: Start your claim at home https://www.travelwithjane.com/claim-online/
General enquiries: email@example.com
More guides on Finder
Diners Club Personal Card
Diners Club offers a competitive rewards program, travel and shopping perks and can be used at businesses including Coles, Woolworths and Target.
Tasmania travel restrictions | Where you can go in October 2020
Read our up-to-date guide on the accommodation, tourist attractions and travel services open in Tasmania as well as any rules and restrictions you should know about.
Travel insurance that covers frequent flyer points
Find out how travel insurance covers frequent flyer points if you need to cancel.
Grounded travellers could be in for insurance refund
Aussies might be able to claim refunds for unused travel insurance, following a recent ACCC statement.
Airlines, cruises and tours waive change and cancellation fees due to coronavirus [Updated]
Qantas, Virgin Australia, Royal Caribbean and Contiki are among those letting you change your travel plans for free.
Australians advised not to travel: What to know [Updated]
All non-essential travel should be avoided, but for those with bookings, we've laid out your options.
Travelling during coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know [Updated]
Your options for travel explained.
Coronavirus: Where to get mental health support
Here's how you can get online and over-the-phone mental health support and still be covered by Medicare and private health insurance.
Coronavirus: How to manage your credit card
Learn about coronavirus financial support options, complimentary insurance and other credit card details you may be wondering about.
Coronavirus in Queensland: Financial help and advice
Find information on QLD stimulus packages, border closures, travel restrictions, business shutdowns and more.
Ask an Expert