We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for border closures
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Finder's favourite features:
1. Travel with Jane supports the 'Scrap the Gap' campaign by donating 10% of all sales to the cause.
2. Get flexibility by choosing various add on packs to your policy
3. Covers travellers for up to 99 years old
Compare Travel with Jane travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Travel with Jane's Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||$25,000|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$10,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||99|
Table updated June 2020
Travel with Jane policy options
Compare the four policy options that Travel with Jane offer.
Travel with Jane review of policy features
Here is a list of benefits included in Travel with Jane travel insurance policies (as of 1st of July 2019), this should make it easier to figure out which policy is suitable for your trip.
|Overseas medical and hospital||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Overseas funeral expenses||$10,000 per person||$15,000 per person||$20,000 per person|
|Travel agent cancellation fees||$2,000||$3,000||$3,000|
|Emergency medical & transport||$500,000||Unlimited|
|Loss of income||$5,200||$12,000|
|Airfares for resumption of travel||$1,500||$3,000|
|Alternative transport costs for special events||$2,000||$5,000|
|Theft or damage to baggage & personal items||$2,000||$10,000||$10,000|
|Cash in hospital||$100 / $1,500||$150 / $3,500||$200 / $6,000|
|Emergency non-medical expenses||$5,000||$15,000||$25,000||$5,000|
|Emergency travel companion||$2,000||$2,500|
|Housing of domestic pets||$650||$650|
|Hijack||$500 per day||$1,000 per day|
Table updated: November 2020
You only pay for the benefits that matter to you. Think about your trip and add on the benefits to make a tailored policy for you.
- Snow. Add this pack onto your policy if you're going on a snow trip internationally or domestically. Get cover for your own equipment and prepaid costs like lift passes and accommodation.
- Pregnancy. Covers pregnancy for up to 32 weeks (with a single baby) for unexpected or emergency medical help while you're traveling.
- Cruise. Add this pack onto your policy to cruise in peace knowing you're covered for things such as onboard medical assistance, missed shore excursions, and even if you're fancy gown is lost or damaged.
- Device. Is your phone worth more than $1,000? Specific limits apply to items such as phones, laptops and cameras. Make sure you get the right level of cover for your electronics.
- Adventure. Walking on the wilder side? Get cover for sports injuries, if your equipment is damaged or if you get sick and can't partake your activity.
- Car rental excess. This can reduce your out-of-pocket expenses if you get into an accident with your rental car on your trip.
- Water sports. Cover for your underwater and on-water gear such as surfboards and diving gear.
- Business. Cover for your business equipment and business related expenses while you're traveling.
- Bicycle. If your bike is worth more than $1,500, get your fancy bike cover for loss, theft and damage while you're traveling.
- Golf. Golf gear can be expensive stuff, get cover against loss, theft and damage.
What is not covered in your policy
As with most insurers, there are some things that you cannot get cover for. A more detailed list can be found in your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
- If you're claim is related to an add-on pack and you did not purchase the add-on. For example, if you are injured while skiing and you didn't purchase a snow pack, you will most likely not be covered for out-of-pocket expenses.
- You're not covered if you participate in parachuting, skydiving, hang gliding or are in an air supported device unless you're in a licenced passenger aircraft or chartered company.
- If you choose to ignore government travel warnings.
- If you involve yourself with criminal acts, dishonesty or collusion.
- Out-of-pocket travel expenses caused by your own booking errors and arrangements, for example, if you were refused entry into a country because you didn't have the right visas.
A full list of general exclusions can be found on Page 57 of Travel with Jane's PDS.
Travel with Jane's claim and contact details
Claims and contact details
Emergency Response Team (24/7 help): +61 2 9159 6649
Make a claim online: Start your claim at home https://www.travelwithjane.com/claim-online/
General enquiries: email@example.com
More guides on Finder
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert