First of its kind travel insurance for women that takes into account the gender pay gap.
Travel with Jane travel insurance offers all the benefits you’d expect from an international travel insurance policy, including unlimited cover for overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses and a choice of cover levels to suit different travellers. However, Travel with Jane’s policies are also designed to cover the gender pay gap that exists in Australia, providing a 16.2% discount to women who take out cover.
What are the benefits of Travel with Jane?
Travel with Jane offers three policies to suit the needs of different travellers. Each policy can cover either international or domestic trips:
- Lite Travel Insurance. Designed to provide a range of essential benefits without breaking the bank, Travel with Jane Lite Travel Insurance provides unlimited cover for overseas medical assistance and hospital expenses, $5,000 worth of cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits, $5,000 worth cover for luggage and personal effects and $1 million worth of personal liability protection.
- Luxe Travel Insurance. Travel with Jane Luxe Travel Insurance provides comprehensive cover for a wide range of travel risks. Along with unlimited overseas medical cover, it provides $12,000 worth of cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits and $10,000 worth of cover for luggage and personal effects. Other benefits include a hospital cash allowance and cover for accidental death, permanent disability, travel documents, theft of cash and travel delays.
- Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance. Travel with Jane’s Annual Multi Trip Insurance offers all the same benefits as the Luxe Travel Insurance policy. However, instead of covering just one trip, it covers all your domestic and international journeys across a 12-month period. The maximum duration of any one trip is 30 days.
Travel with Jane also provides the following policy options:
- Pet care. This extra-cost benefit covers additional dog and cat boarding costs when your return home is delayed by circumstances beyond your control. It is not available with the Lite policy.
- Winter sports. Purchasing this option entitles you to a range of cover benefits for a skiing or snowboarding trip, including cover for lost or damaged ski equipment and replacement lift passes.
- Excess removal. If you purchase this optional benefit, all excesses will be removed from your policy in the event that you make a claim.
Travel with Jane general exclusions
Your Travel with Jane travel insurance claim will not be paid if:
- You do not act in a responsible way to protect yourself and your property.
- You don’t take all reasonable steps to reduce your loss as much as possible.
- Your claim is for consequential loss of any kind.
- Your claim arises due to any errors or omissions in your booking arrangements.
- Your claim arises because you fail to obtain the correct visa for travel.
- You act illegally or break any government laws or regulations.
- Your claim arises due to a government authority detaining anyone, or confiscating or destroying any of your property.
- Your claim arises from extraordinary natural phenomena such as floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides or volcanic eruptions (this exclusion does not apply to overseas medical cover).
- Your claim arises from the use of a two-wheeled vehicle while you were not wearing a helmet.
- You were operating a vehicle without a current Australian driver’s licence.
- You were riding a motorcycle without a current Australian licence.
- Your claim is related to an epidemic or pandemic.
- You do not follow mass media advice or a government warning regarding travel to a particular country or advising of strikes, riots, bad weather or contagious disease.
- Your claim is for search and rescue costs charged to you by a government or regulatory authority or private organisation.
- Your claim is related to depression, anxiety, stress or mental or nervous conditions.
- Your claim arises due to suicide or attempted suicide.
- You travel against the advice of any medical adviser.
How do I claim with Travel with Jane?
The claims process for Travel with Jane is quick and easy. If you require emergency medical assistance while overseas, you can contact the insurer’s 24-hour emergency line for help and advice on what to do next.
For all other claims, you can submit your claim online or send a completed claims form by post. Travel with Jane will also advise you on the supporting documents you need to submit with your claim, such as:
You must submit the full details of your claim in writing within 30 days of your return to Australia. Once your completed claims form and all supporting documentation has been received, your claim will be processed within 10 business days.
Who is eligible to take out cover with Travel with Jane?
Travel with Jane travel insurance is designed to cover international journeys and domestic trips. The maximum age at which you can take out cover is 79, though the age limit does vary between policies. The table below outlines the terms and conditions of taking out cover with Travel with Jane.
|Lite Travel Insurance||Luxe Travel Insurance||Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance|
|International and domestic journeys||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Age limit at time of policy purchase||79||79||75|
|Maximum journey when aged up to 70 years old at time of policy purchase||365 days||365 days||30 days for any one trip|
|Maximum journey when aged between 71 years and expiry age at time of policy purchase||185 days||185 days||30 days for any one trip|
Travel with Jane deal
Travel with Jane offers a unique deal to its customers: a 16.2% discount for women. This 16.2% represents the gender pay gap that currently exists between men and women in Australia, as identified by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). The discount aims to promote equality between the sexes.
The discount applies to all of Travel with Jane’s policies. Travel with Jane hopes the discount will provide financial assistance to women and also raise awareness of the gender pay gap.
Travel with Jane FAQ
Who underwrites Travel with Jane travel insurance?
Travel with Jane’s policies are issued by the Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd, which underwrites insurance policies for more than seven million customers worldwide.
Is there a cooling-off period?
Yes, Travel with Jane’s insurance policies are available with a 14-day money-back guarantee. If you cancel your policy within 14 days of taking out cover, you will receive a full refund.
Does Travel with Jane cover medical expenses in Australia?
No, these expenses are covered by Medicare and/or your private health fund.
Are my kids covered by my Travel with Jane policy?
Yes. Dependants aged under 21, who don’t have a full-time job, who are travelling with you and who are named on your insurance policy are automatically covered.
Is there an excess?
An excess applies to some claims, for example, emergency dental costs and trip cancellation fees. The excess amount is $100 per person per claim, but you can remove all excesses from your policy by paying an extra premium.