Pelikin Travel Insurance
Join the Pelikin squad and compare its 3 levels of travel insurance.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for border closures
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Compare travel insurance in 10 seconds
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
What policies does Pelikin offer?
- Comprehensive. As Pelikin's most complete offering, Comprehensive offers cover for unlimited medical expenses, high cancellation costs, and staples like baggage theft/damage, travel delay and legal liability. It provides a host of useful extras like loss of income and emergency travel companion allowance, plus some luxuries like housing of domestic pets and domestic services cover.
- Saver. This offers more or less the same range of benefits found in the Comprehensive travel plan, but with lower maximum limits across the board. It retains unlimited medical expenses and $3.5 million legal liability cover.
- Basic. Basic cover offers a small range of travel benefits, including unlimited medical, legal liability, funeral expenses and some non-medical emergency expenses.
Pelikin Travel Insurance review of benefits
When purchasing a travel policy from Pelikin, you have a choice of three different policies. We've outlined their various features and benefits in the table below.
|Overseas medical and hospital||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Loss of income||$5,200||$12,000|
|Theft or damage to baggage/personal items||$2,000||$10,000|
Pelikin Travel Insurance benefits explained
What options can I add onto my Pelikin Travel Insurance?
If you are keen to customise your travel insurance, Pelikin has a whole host of options with no fewer than 10 optional extras. You can add these packs onto your travel insurance when you take out your insurance policy for the cost of an increase to your premium.
- Cruise pack. This extends the medical and cancellation cover from your regular benefits to a cruise, as well as adding a few cruise-specific options like a missed port, excursion cancellation and marine rescue.
- Car rental pack. When you are driving a rental car and it is damaged or stolen while under your care, the rental company will usually charge you an excess for the incident. This option will likely cover that excess.
- Device pack. Expensive electronics are often difficult to replace. With this option, you can insure up to five electronic devices to be repaired or replaced if they are lost or damaged.
- Adventure pack. Normally, risky or dangerous activities are excluded from cover. This pack adds on a whole list of adventure activities you may engage in and still be covered, including zip-lining, martial arts, hang gliding and many more. It can also help with adventure equipment hire costs.
- Snow pack. The snow pack extends your medical cover to sports like snowboarding or skiing, and adds in cover for your own and hired snow equipment, piste closure, bad weather and avalanche closure.
- Golf pack. For avid golfers. This can cover the cost of your own or hired golf equipment, as well as covering the cost of food and beverages you purchase after getting a hole-in-one.
- Bike pack. You can purchase this option if you have a bike that is less than three years old valued over $1,500. When your bike gets damaged or stolen when you're overseas, Pelikin may pay the cost of repairing or replacing it. This only applies if you're not using the bike at the time of the incident.
- Watersports pack. For surfers or water boarders. Provides equipment hire, cover for diving gear lost in a diving accident and surfboard cover.
- Business pack. If you're planning to travel on business, this option will provide cover for lost or damaged business equipment, emergency courier expenses, the cost of replacing staff in an emergency and hiring business equipment.
- Pregnancy pack. This pack will provide cover for specific complications arising from gestation or childbirth if you are less than 32 weeks pregnant. However, you have to have permission from your doctor to travel.
What isn't covered by my policy?
As with any insurer, Pelikin will refuse to pay your claim in certain situations. You won't be covered if:
- You are engaging in criminal activity.
- You act irresponsibly and don't do your best to reduce your loss.
- You have made any errors or mistakes, including in visa applications.
- You decide to travel despite warnings from government bodies or the mass media, such as those at www.smarttraveller.gov.au.
- You don't take appropriate care of your belongings and leave them unattended or allow valuables to travel in cargo holds.
- The claim relates to wear and tear, depreciation, or a mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- The claim relates to a pre-existing medical condition in any way, unless the condition was cleared by Pelikin when purchasing your policy.
- You travel against the advice of a medical professional.
Claim and contact details for Pelikin Travel Insurance
- Emergency assistance. If you need to get in touch with Pelikin travel insurance in a hurry, you can contact its emergency team on 612 8074 5522.
- Make a claim. When making a claim, it's important to ensure you have all the documents, receipts and other evidence you may require. Then, you can either download a claim form or fill it out online at www.travelbyus.com/claims.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 55% off Lay-Z Inflatable Spas, $899 Macbook Air laptops, 36% off Nespresso coffee machines.
Motorola Moto e7 review: Low cost phone with balanced compromises
The Motorola Moto e7 primarily sells on the fact that it’s rather cheap, and with that comes a well-balanced set of compromises.
Best NAS devices in Australia
Upgrade your home storage with one of the best NAS devices available on store shelves here in Australia.
Bendigo Invest Direct share trading review
Your in-depth review of the Bendigo Invest Direct share trading platform and what it offers for Aussie investors.
Six of the best electric cars in Australia
Here are some of the best electric cars in Australia in 2021.
Best raincoats and rain jackets in Australia
We’ve found the nine best raincoats and rain jackets you can buy in Australia right now.
Best pop-up tents in Australia
If you’re searching for a pop-up tent, we can help you find the perfect option for your needs.
Perth hotels with spas in the room
Find out where you can enjoy your own spa bath with these Perth hotels.
The best SNES games of all time
The SNES was the king of the hill in the 16-bit retro gaming era; here are the 8 best titles that you should own.
Ask an Expert