Pelikin Travel Insurance
Join the Pelikin squad and compare its 3 levels of travel insurance.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Pelikin first started out as a travel app and card to help travellers manage their finances while on the go. The card itself works as a visa credit card, while the mobile app can keep track of IOUs from friends, send payments and now, hold your travel insurance. To get Pelikin travel insurance, you'll need to download its app and join the subscription.
Compare travel insurance in 10 seconds
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
What policies does Pelikin offer?
- Comprehensive. As Pelikin's most complete offering, Comprehensive offers cover for unlimited medical expenses, high cancellation costs, and staples like baggage theft/damage, travel delay and legal liability. It provides a host of useful extras like loss of income and emergency travel companion allowance, plus some luxuries like housing of domestic pets and domestic services cover.
- Saver. This offers more or less the same range of benefits found in the Comprehensive travel plan, but with lower maximum limits across the board. It retains unlimited medical expenses and $3.5 million legal liability cover.
- Basic. Basic cover offers a small range of travel benefits, including unlimited medical, legal liability, funeral expenses and some non-medical emergency expenses.
Pelikin Travel Insurance review of benefits
When purchasing a travel policy from Pelikin, you have a choice of three different policies. We've outlined their various features and benefits in the table below.
|Overseas medical and hospital||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Loss of income||$5,200||$12,000|
|Theft or damage to baggage/personal items||$2,000||$10,000|
Pelikin Travel Insurance benefits explained
What options can I add onto my Pelikin Travel Insurance?
If you are keen to customise your travel insurance, Pelikin has a whole host of options with no fewer than 10 optional extras. You can add these packs onto your travel insurance when you take out your insurance policy for the cost of an increase to your premium.
- Cruise pack. This extends the medical and cancellation cover from your regular benefits to a cruise, as well as adding a few cruise-specific options like a missed port, excursion cancellation and marine rescue.
- Car rental pack. When you are driving a rental car and it is damaged or stolen while under your care, the rental company will usually charge you an excess for the incident. This option will likely cover that excess.
- Device pack. Expensive electronics are often difficult to replace. With this option, you can insure up to five electronic devices to be repaired or replaced if they are lost or damaged.
- Adventure pack. Normally, risky or dangerous activities are excluded from cover. This pack adds on a whole list of adventure activities you may engage in and still be covered, including zip-lining, martial arts, hang gliding and many more. It can also help with adventure equipment hire costs.
- Snow pack. The snow pack extends your medical cover to sports like snowboarding or skiing, and adds in cover for your own and hired snow equipment, piste closure, bad weather and avalanche closure.
- Golf pack. For avid golfers. This can cover the cost of your own or hired golf equipment, as well as covering the cost of food and beverages you purchase after getting a hole-in-one.
- Bike pack. You can purchase this option if you have a bike that is less than three years old valued over $1,500. When your bike gets damaged or stolen when you're overseas, Pelikin may pay the cost of repairing or replacing it. This only applies if you're not using the bike at the time of the incident.
- Watersports pack. For surfers or water boarders. Provides equipment hire, cover for diving gear lost in a diving accident and surfboard cover.
- Business pack. If you're planning to travel on business, this option will provide cover for lost or damaged business equipment, emergency courier expenses, the cost of replacing staff in an emergency and hiring business equipment.
- Pregnancy pack. This pack will provide cover for specific complications arising from gestation or childbirth if you are less than 32 weeks pregnant. However, you have to have permission from your doctor to travel.
What isn't covered by my policy?
As with any insurer, Pelikin will refuse to pay your claim in certain situations. You won't be covered if:
- You are engaging in criminal activity.
- You act irresponsibly and don't do your best to reduce your loss.
- You have made any errors or mistakes, including in visa applications.
- You decide to travel despite warnings from government bodies or the mass media, such as those at www.smarttraveller.gov.au.
- You don't take appropriate care of your belongings and leave them unattended or allow valuables to travel in cargo holds.
- The claim relates to wear and tear, depreciation, or a mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- The claim relates to a pre-existing medical condition in any way, unless the condition was cleared by Pelikin when purchasing your policy.
- You travel against the advice of a medical professional.
Claim and contact details for Pelikin Travel Insurance
- Emergency assistance. If you need to get in touch with Pelikin travel insurance in a hurry, you can contact its emergency team on 612 8074 5522.
- Make a claim. When making a claim, it's important to ensure you have all the documents, receipts and other evidence you may require. Then, you can either download a claim form or fill it out online at www.travelbyus.com/claims.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Best projectors in Australia
Here are the 7 best projectors you can buy right now for all your home theatre and gaming needs.
Best PC speakers in Australia 2020
Does your laptop or desktop PC need more sound? We've found the 7 best PC speakers in Australia for a variety of budgets and purposes.
Best weed killers in Australia
These are the eight best weed killers you can buy right now in Australia.
Best screen protectors in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of phone films of all types to determine the best screen protectors in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Free creative resume template (Australia)
A creative resume template can get you a step closer to landing your dream job.
How to start a small business from home
6 tips to start a successful home based business.
How to watch 2020 Bathurst 1000 live online in Australia
The 2020 Bathurst 1000 race is on this weekend, here's a full preview and details on how to see all the action.
Best heart rate monitors in Australia
These are the 5 best heart rate monitors you can buy today in Australia.
Best safety razors in Australia
We’ve found the 8 best safety razors and razor blades you can buy online right now.
Ask an Expert