St.George Society Cheque Account

Take control over your not-for-profit group’s financial state with this low cost banking option

Charities, schools, communities and other non-profit institutions can take better control over their finances with a transaction account that gives you ways to bank without paying any fees. Through the use of deposit only cash cards various members of the organisation can put money into the account, while what goes out remains under the control of just a few.

No reviews yet. Write a review


Account keeping fee


ATM withdrawal fee


Overseas ATM withdrawal fee


Overseas transaction fee

of transaction value

We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!


Product NameSt.George Society Cheque Account
Monthly account fee$0
Card accessVisa
ATM Withdrawal Fee$0
International ATM Fee$5 + 3%
International transaction fee3%
Monthly deposit required to waive account feeN/A

Key features

Eligibility for your community group

The following types of non-profit groups and organisations are eligible for the St.George Society Cheque Account; charities, community and sporting groups, public schools, colleges, universities, other educational institutions, department agencies or councils, and registered political parties.

Monthly account service fee

You will not be charged any monthly fees with this account.

How to apply

Documentation needed

Because of the special nature of this account, you will need to either apply online or at your local St.George Bank. The information or documents you will need in order to complete the application will be dependent on the type of non-profit group you represent:

  • Charities. Bring with you your notice of endorsement for Charity Tax Concession, Constitution of the charity, minutes and certificate of incorporation from the relevant government department.
  • Community and sporting groups. Constitution of your group, minutes and certificate of incorporation from the relevant government department.

Ask an expert

To ask a question simply log in via your email or create an account.

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Go to site