With competitive rates and inclusive features, St.George’s Relocation Loan gives you the flexibility to pay the deposit on a new property and then borrow the balance at settlement
The Relocation Home Loan means that you don’t have to time the sale of your current property with the purchase of your new property simultaneously. This loan package gives you the freedom of having six months to settle into your new home, with an additional six months to sell your existing property.
St.George’s Relocation Home Loan can be used to pay for the deposit on your new property, along with other expenses such as stamp duty at settlement.
The Relocation Loan can be used with or without an ‘end loan.’
An end loan means that you can select one of St.George’s home loans once your relocation ends at your existing property. With this option, you will have two loans, one to cover the relocation period and the remaining end loan that you have chosen after your Relocation Loan period expires.
The Relocation Loan without an end loan means that your loan will be paid in full after the sale of your existing property.
|Product Name||St.George Relocation Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$10,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||0 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Insured LVR||90%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||Yes|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$10 monthly ($120 p.a.)|
|Early Termination Fee||$0|
- Split loan options
- Discounts available through Advantage Package
- Establishment fee of $600
- Monthly fee of $10
Details to consider about St.George’s Relocation Loan
To be eligible for this loan, you must be an owner occupier or an investor buying a property, contract building or purchasing land to build. The Relocation Loan is not available for owner building, vacant land purchase or extended settlement loans.
The Relocation Loan period is at St.George’s standard variable interest rate. For an end loan, you can select a St.George home loan with the right interest and features that suit you.
A Relocation Loan without an end loan will require no repayments, as interest will be capitalised throughout the Relocation Loan period. You will then repay the Relocation Loan in full once you’ve sold your home.
A Relocation Loan with an end loan will see you making repayments only on the remaining end loan that you have selected after your existing property is sold and the proceeds have been used to pay out the initial Relocation Loan.
With respect to the relocation period for non-building loans, the sale and settlement of your existing property must be completed on or before the date that marks six months since the date of the first advance of the Relocation Loan.
The Relocation Period for building loans is 12 months in total, six months to sell your existing home and another six months to build your new home.
With a range of available features, St.George’s Relocation Loan with an end loan includes full interest offset account, redraw facility and much more.
Features of the St.George Relocation Loan
The following features are available for customers taking out the Relocation Loan.
- Deposit Protect Bond: This can be used instead of paying a cash deposit upfront to keep you earning interest on your deposit cash until settlement. This feature may also be ideal when using equity in an existing property to finance your new purchase.
For a St George End Loan
- Increased Savings: You can receive interest rate discounts with the Advantage Package when you package a home loan, credit card and transaction account. You can save 1.00% p.a. off St.George’s standard variable rate for loans of $500 000 or more.
- Split Loan Option: You can split your loan to combine the flexibility of a variable rate with the security of a fixed rate.
- Interest offset: St.George offers a range of interest offset facilities, depending on the product selected at the end of your loan.
- Flexible repayment terms: On the end loan, you can choose to make interest-only or principal and interest repayments. For principal and interest, you can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly, or otherwise make monthly repayments for interest-only loans. Without an end loan, no repayments are required during the Relocation Loan period as you will pay the loan in full upon sale and settlement of your new home.
St.George Relocation Loan fees
Relocation Loan with end loan
- Establishment fee: The $600 establishment fee, or application fee, covers the cost of the documentation required to establish your new mortgage.
- Monthly administration fee: A $10 monthly administration fee goes towards the servicing of your home loan.
Relocation Loan with no end loan
- Establishment fee: The $1,350 establishment fee, or application fee, covers the cost of the documentation required to establish your new mortgage.
- Monthly administration fee: $0
How to apply for St.George Relocation Loan
- Enquire online: You can enquire using the 'Go to Site' buttons on this page and a St.George home loan expert will contact you to discuss your home loan application.
- Call: Contact St.George directly by calling them to speak with a home loan expert.
- Visit a branch: You can use St.George’s branch locator to find your nearest branch.
Documents you’ll need
The below list is a summary of the documents you may require, but this will vary depending on your situation and the type of loan you’re after.
- Savings history including statements of your savings accounts.
- Proof of income such as your last two consecutive pay slips, or a letter from your employer or most recent employment contract.
- Details of your finances, such as loans and cards with other financial institutions, and expense details such as school fees.
- Borrowing purpose.
- Sale of assets: you’ll need to show evidence of the sale and deposit the proceeds into your St.George Bank savings account before you lodge your home loan application.
Enquire about this home loan