The St.George Investment Cash Account is a no fee interest bearing bank account that gives you access to your money when you need it. You can use this account as an interim holding account between investments or you can use the Investment Cash Account as a dedicated account for your self managed super fund. This hybrid savings and bank account rewards you with a competitive interest rate without conditions.
What are the features of the St.George Investment Cash Account?
- No monthly fees. This account costs nothing to open and you’ll pay no monthly fees for keeping the account. Fees and charges may apply for specific uses of the St.George Investment Cash Account.
- Earn interest. Interest is tiered. Different interest rates apply to different account balances. Earn up to 0.45% per annum (p.a.) on balances greater than $500. Interest is calculated at the end of each day and paid into the Investment Cash Account in monthly installments. You earn the full rate of interest regardless of how many withdrawal you make in a month.
- Up to 5 free withdrawals every month. You can make up to five free withdrawals from the St.George Investment Cash Account every month. Two of these withdrawals can be staff assisted transactions at a St.George branch. Debit card transactions such as purchases and ATM withdrawals count towards your free monthly withdrawal limit. You can make an unlimited number of Internet banking transactions for free. For example, BPAY payments do not count towards your free monthly withdrawal limit.
- Available to self managed super funds. If you’re the trustee of a self manged super fund, you can use the St.George Investment Cash Account as your SMSF savings and transaction account.
- Joint account. You can apply for this account in your own name or you can open a joint account.
- St.George internet banking. Review your transaction history, make payments, set up automatic payments and more using St.George Internet banking. Internet banking is available on your computer or Internet enabled mobile device 24 hours a day seven days a week. When you apply for the St.George Investment Cash Account you’re automatically registered for Internet banking as well.
- Automated deposits. Have your salary paid to this account and set up regular deposits so you can maximise your interest earnings.
- Debit card. Access the money in your St.George Investment Cash Account with a St.George Visa Debit card. Make over the counter payments, online payments and ATM withdrawals.
- SMS and Email Alerts. You can arrange to be notified each time a deposit or withdrawal is made to and from the account by SMS or email.
- Statements. Keep track of your Investment Cash Account activity by viewing your account statement. Paper statements are sent to you every six months. You can request a monthly account paper statement for an additional fee. You can view your most recent account activity by logging to St.George internet banking. Mini statements are also available at any St.George ATM. Alternatively, you can switch to receive electronic statements so you can easily view your account activity for the last two years.
- Earn a competitive interest rate
- At-call savings, flexible
- Suitable for SMSFs and Trusts
- Tiered interest rate structure
How do you apply for the St.George Investment Cash Account ?
Click ‘apply’ to open a St.George Investment Cash Account. You’ll be directed to the St.George website and the secure online application. The application can be completed in under 10 minutes. You’ll need to enter some basic information about yourself, which is listed below. Check your eligibility for the St.George Investment Cash Account first before you proceed to the online application.
- Eligibility. You can apply for this account if you’re over the age of 14 and you’re a permanent Australian resident. The St.George Investment Cash Account is available to single and joint applicants.
If you’re a new St.George customer, you’ll need to verify your identity with St.George bank before your account is activated. If you’re already a St.George customer, your personal information will be prefilled when you enter your internet banking details.
- Personal details. Enter your name, your address, your email, phone number and date of birth.
- Identification. Verify your identity by entering an accepted form of identification such as your driver’s licence number, passport number or 18+ proof of age card. If you do not have any of these documents, you can use two non-photographic forms of identification like your Australian Birth Certificate or Medicare card.
- Tax File Number (TFN). Providing your Tax File Number (TFN) is not compulsory; however, interest earnings will be taxed at the marginal rate if you don’t give this information to St.George.