St George Advantage Package home loan
Bundle your personal finance products together and receive a discount on your interest rate
The St.George Advantage Package is a package loan which bundles together your credit card, transaction account and home loan together and in return gives you a range of savings on your home loan interest rate and fees and discounts on your St.George credit card and transaction account fees and insurance premiums.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
The Advantage Package is a flexible loan which gives borrowers the ability to borrow to buy a home, an investment property or to refinance. When paired with the standard variable rate loan it's able to be used for purchasing vacant land to build on it and it's a full documentation loan.
About this loan
How does the St.George Advantage Package work?
This loan works by bundling together a St.George home loan, credit card and transaction account together. The package comes with fee waivers for the products in the package.
What are the features and benefits of the St.George Advantage Package Home Loan?
The Advantage Package has a range of benefits which grant savings to borrowers. The features of the St.George Advantage Package are:
- Tiered discounts. The Advantage Package gives you a bigger discount the more you borrow. If you borrow between $150,000 and $249,999 you'll get a discount of 0.70% p.a., if your loan is between $250,000 and $499,999 you'll get a discount of 0.95% p.a. and if you borrow over $500,000 you'll get a discount of 1.00% p.a. on your account.
- Maximum LVR. You can borrow up to 80% of the property value with this loan, or up to 95% of the property value if you're prepared to pay Lender's Mortgage Insurance (LMI) premiums. Some areas will require a higher minimum deposit.
- Loan term. The Advantage Package with Standard Variable Rate Home Loan has a loan term of up to 30 years if you choose to make principal and interest repayments, or up to 15 years if you make interest-only repayments.
- Discounts. Bundling your products together nets you some discounts. You'll pay no annual fees for your credit card, no monthly fees for your transaction account or offset account and get free redraws over the phone or internet.
- Flexible repayments. You can make your repayments every week, fortnight or month if you're making principal and interest repayments, or every month if you're making interest-only payments. You can also make additional repayments at no extra cost and get access to these payments with a free redraw facility if you need the extra cash.
- Interest offset account. The interest offset account offered with this loan means you can deposit your salary and savings into your account and then pay less interest on your home loan.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
The loan comes with the following fees:
- Valuation fee. From $164. This is charged to allow St.George to find out the market value of your property and is dependent on location or value of the security property.
- Package loan fee. $395 per year. This fee is charged in exchange for the discounts and other perks offered with this package. The fee covers up to five home or investment loans.
- Settlement processing fee. $100. This is charged to cover the cost of transferring funds from the bank to you.
How to apply
If you feel like the St.George Advantage Package is a loan you'd like to learn more about, or even apply for, you can do so by clicking on the 'Go to site' buttons on this page.
Before you apply be sure you are eligible for this loan by checking the below details:
- All applicants must be over 18 years of age
- All applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents
You will also need to make sure you have the below details handy before completing an application:
- Personal details – these will include contact details as well as photo ID
- Income details – these will include your regular salary from an employer as well as the details of any other income producing assets you may have.
- Savings and credit history – you will need to provide proof that you are able to make regular payments and actually service this loan, whether it be through a long and solid savings history or any other credit or loans you currently have and are paying off.
- Property details – you will need to provide some details of the purpose of the loan, whether it be the contract of sale of the property you are purchasing or the building plans or details of your refinance.
Package loans can save you a lot over the course of a loan if used correctly. Do some calculations to see if one might work for you and if so add it to your home loan comparison today.