We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Bundle your personal finance products together and receive a discount on your interest rate
The St.George Advantage Package is a package loan which bundles together your credit card, transaction account and home loan together and in return gives you a range of savings on your home loan interest rate and fees and discounts on your St.George credit card and transaction account fees and insurance premiums.
Refinance cashback offer
Eligible customers switching to St.George can get cashbacks of $2,000 or $4,000, depending on their loan to value ratio. Cashbacks are available on the Basic Home Loan and the Advantage Package Home Loan (with annual package fee) for borrowers refinancing a principal-and-interest owner-occupier loan or an investment loan.
You must be refinancing a minimum loan amount of $250,000 per property to qualify. If you have a loan to value ratio of 80% or lower you can get up to $4,000 cashback, consisting of a $2,000 cashback per property plus one bonus $2,000 cashback. Borrowers with a loan to value ratio above 80% can get a $2,000 cashback.
There is a limit of one cashback available per property refinanced and one $2,000 bonus cashback only, regardless of the number of properties. The cashback excludes anyone refinancing from within the Westpac group (Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and RAMS).
You must apply by 31 January 2021 and settle the loan by 31 March 2021. Other conditions apply.
|Product Name||St.George Advantage Package Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$100,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||95%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||No|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Valuation Fee||From $164|
|Ongoing Fees||$395 p.a.|
- You can withdraw any extra payments you make using the redraw facility at no cost, but you do need to give the bank 24 hours notice of your intention to redraw
- You get discounts off the advertised variable and fixed interest rates with this package
- You can link a 100% offset account to this home loan
- There is a settlement fee of $100
- There is a $395 annual fee
- A discharge fee of $350 applies when you close your home loan account
Things to consider about this loan
It should be noted that this is a package home loan. This means it gives borrowers a discount on different products and services in return for charging an annual fee.
The Advantage Package is a flexible loan which gives borrowers the ability to borrow to buy a home, an investment property or to refinance. When paired with the standard variable rate loan it’s able to be used for purchasing vacant land to build on it and it’s a full documentation loan.
St.George also offers low doc loans which have simple documentation requirements.
How does the St.George Advantage Package work?
This loan works by bundling together a St.George home loan, credit card and transaction account together. The package comes with fee waivers for the products in the package.
Features of the St.George Advantage Package
The Advantage Package has a range of benefits which grant savings to borrowers. The features of the St.George Advantage Package are:
- Tiered discounts. The Advantage Package gives you a bigger discount the more you borrow. If you borrow between $150,000 and $249,999 you’ll get a discount of 0.70% p.a., if your loan is between $250,000 and $499,999 you’ll get a discount of 0.95% p.a. and if you borrow over $500,000 you’ll get a discount of 1.00% p.a. on your account.
- Maximum LVR. You can borrow up to 80% of the property value with this loan, or up to 95% of the property value if you’re prepared to pay Lender’s Mortgage Insurance (LMI) premiums. Some areas will require a higher minimum deposit.
- Loan term. The Advantage Package with Standard Variable Rate Home Loan has a loan term of up to 30 years if you choose to make principal and interest repayments, or up to 15 years if you make interest-only repayments.
- Discounts. Bundling your products together nets you some discounts. You’ll pay no annual fees for your credit card, no monthly fees for your transaction account or offset account and get free redraws over the phone or internet.
- Flexible repayments. You can make your repayments every week, fortnight or month if you’re making principal and interest repayments, or every month if you’re making interest-only payments. You can also make additional repayments at no extra cost and get access to these payments with a free redraw facility if you need the extra cash.
- Interest offset account. The interest offset account offered with this loan means you can deposit your salary and savings into your account and then pay less interest on your home loan.
St.George Advantage Package fees
The loan comes with the following fees:
- Valuation fee. From $164. This is charged to allow St.George to find out the market value of your property and is dependent on location or value of the security property.
- Package loan fee. $395 per year. This fee is charged in exchange for the discounts and other perks offered with this package. The fee covers up to five home or investment loans.
- Settlement processing fee. $100. This is charged to cover the cost of transferring funds from the bank to you.
Applying for the St.George Advantage Package
If you feel like the St.George Advantage Package is a loan you’d like to learn more about, or even apply for, you can do so by clicking on the ‘Go to site’ buttons on this page.
Before you apply be sure you are eligible for this loan by checking the below details:
- All applicants must be over 18 years of age
- All applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents
You will also need to make sure you have the below details handy before completing an application:
- Personal details – these will include contact details as well as photo ID
- Income details – these will include your regular salary from an employer as well as the details of any other income producing assets you may have.
- Savings and credit history – you will need to provide proof that you are able to make regular payments and actually service this loan, whether it be through a long and solid savings history or any other credit or loans you currently have and are paying off.
- Property details – you will need to provide some details of the purpose of the loan, whether it be the contract of sale of the property you are purchasing or the building plans or details of your refinance.
Package loans can save you a lot over the course of a loan if used correctly. Do some calculations to see if one might work for you and if so add it to your home loan comparison today.