Rabobank Term Deposit
- Interest rate 12 months interest rate
- Up to 5.1% p.a.
- Minimum opening deposit
- Maximum deposit
- Maximum balance
A term deposit offers secure, guaranteed returns on your savings, providing a safe and reliable investment opportunity for your SMSF. Although commonly associated with personal and business banking customers, SMSFs can also take out term deposits, allowing them to build a bigger fund balance. The Rabobank Term Deposit combines competitive interest rates with terms ranging from one month to five years.
Guaranteed interest rate of 5.1% for fixed period of 5 years
Interest paid to a linked Rabobank's account
Large range of terms, from 1 month to 5 years
No access to your money
Online bank only - no branch or counter access
|Product Name||Rabobank Term Deposit (SMSF)|
|3 month interest rate||4.80%|
|6 month interest rate||4.90%|
|9 month interest rate||4.90%|
|12 month interest rate||5.10%|
|24 month interest rate||5.00%|
|36 month interest rate||5.05%|
|48 month interest rate||5.05%|
|60 month interest rate||5.10%|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$1,000|
|Minimum age requirement||18|
|Minimum Age Requirement||18|
|Joint account availability||Yes|
|Available to children||Not available for children|
Fixed interest rate: Up to 4.9% p.a. for 6 months
The Rabobank Term Deposit provides a competitive fixed interest rate so that you can enjoy guaranteed, predictable returns on the money you invest. The interest rate you receive varies based on the term you select.
Terms from one month to five years
This account is available with terms ranging from one month to five years, allowing you to choose the investment period that best suits the financial needs of your SMSF.
Minimum deposit of just $1,000
The Rabobank Term Deposit requires you to deposit at least $1,000 in order to open an account. The maximum deposit limit is $2 million.
Interest payment options
If you choose a Rabobank Term Deposit with a term of 12 months or more, you can choose to have your interest paid at any of the following intervals: monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly.
Manage your money online
SMSF customers can manage their Term Deposit online through Rabobank's secure Internet banking website and mobile banking app. Compare other Rabobank products.
10% loyalty bonus
When your term deposit matures, you have the option to roll your funds over into a new term deposit. Customers who choose to do so will receive a 0.10% p.a. interest rate bonus to reward their loyalty.
How to applyTo complete the online application you will need to do the following:
- Have an existing SMSF. You will need to choose the relevant option (SMSF) at the start of the application.
- Open a Business High Interest Savings Account. This comes with all Rabobank accounts to help you transfer funds. It does not charge any ongoing fees.
You must meet all eligibility criteria, but they vary depending on the type of account you are applying for. For SMSF applications, your SMSF must meet the following requirements:
- Be registered. Your super fund must be registered in Australia and have an Australian Business Number (ABN) for tax purposes.
- Have a bank account. Your super fund must have a bank account in its name with another financial institution.
In addition, you, the authorised signatory, must be over 18 years of age and an Australian resident for tax purposes. You will also need to provide the following details and documentation to successfully complete the application:
- Account details. Rabobank requires the BSB and account number of an existing account the SMSF holds with another financial institution.
- Name and ABN. You must supply the name and ABN of the SMSF.
- Tax File Number (TFN). You will need to supply the TFN or exemption of the super fund.
- Your details. You must provide the full details of the individual or company acting as the SMSF trustee.
The Rabobank Term Deposit offers a competitive interest rate, a wide range of terms and the security of guaranteed returns. Compare it with other term deposit accounts to find the right place to invest funds for your SMSF.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
July 22, 2023
Rabobank opening a smsf term deposit requires opening Business High Interest Savings Account. What are the daily limits for transferring funds back out of this account to SMSF fund accounts at other banks?
Raj Lal Finder
August 15, 2023
You won’t be able to transfer funds back out from the term deposit to other SMSF accounts from other banks.