P&N Easypay Access Account
Pay your everyday expenses however you please with a transaction account that gives you a variety of options without any fees.
P&N Bank offers Australians an everyday banking account with a range of ways to access your money free of any transaction fees. Plus, so long as you meet a monthly deposit requirement, you can be free of having to pay any account keeping charges as well. With over 3,000 ATMs available to you, the Easypay Access Account makes sure you always have easy access to your money.
Account keeping fee
ATM withdrawal fee
Overseas ATM withdrawal fee
Overseas transaction fee
of transaction value
P&N Bank membership
P&N is a mutual bank, owned and run by its members. In order to open the Easypay Access Account you must first apply for membership and pay the $10 fee for a share in the bank.
Monthly account keeping fee
The $0 monthly account keeping fee will be waived if you electronically deposit at least $0 of your salary each month or maintain a monthly balance of no less than $0.
You have unlimited access to the following transaction methods free of charge; payroll and direct credit, Bank@Post, phone and internet transfers, Cheque and cash deposit, direct debit, EFTPOS, Visa purchases, and cash withdrawals at certain ATMs.
Visa debit card
The Easypay Access Account is linked to a Visa debit card, allowing you to make point of sale purchases as well as online and over the phone wherever Visa is accepted. Funds are drawn directly from your account card, unlike a Visa credit card where you accumulate debt.
Your linked Visa card is equipped with the Visa payWave feature which allows you to make purchases without swiping your card so long as it is for under $100.
You can use your Visa debit card to make cash withdrawals and account enquiries for free at rediATMs as well as ATMs in the NAB and Bank of Queensland networks.
Overseas cash withdrawals
You can use your Visa debit card outside of Australia to make withdrawals, but these transactions will incur a $5 charge.
For any transaction that takes place in a foreign currency, you will be charged 1.1% of the Australian dollar amount.
The Easypay also pays you with a modest interest rate applied to your balance. The interest rate increases when you maintain a balance of over $100,000.
How to apply
In order to apply for this account, you must first apply online to become a member. The $10 fee for your share will be deducted from your initial deposit. After checking the following eligibility requirements, you can begin your application online.
- Minimum age. This account is available for members as young as 12 years of age.
- Residency requirements. You must be an Australian resident with a valid residential address in Australia in order to apply for this account.
- Depository requirements. P&N Bank makes no stipulation for a minimum opening deposit, but do keep in mind that you must deposit at least $0 a month in order to avoid paying the monthly account keeping fee.
- Tax file number. It is not mandatory to provide your tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemptions, but if you don't P&N Bank will deduct withholding tax on interest earnings at the highest marginal rate.
- Identification. When applying for membership you will need to have your Australian driver's licence or passport. If neither of those is available you can use one form of primary identification that does not contain your photo along with one form of secondary identification.
What happens after I submit my application?
Once you have completed your application and submitted it to P&N, they will contact you with the details of your new account. Your Visa debit card will then be mailed to you at the address you gave on the application.