The People’s Choice Everyday Account links with a Visa debit card, giving you complete access to your money at rediATMs all over Australia. You also get around the clock access through internet and phone banking and the People’s Choice app. There is a monthly fee for maintaining this account, which you can have waived by taking advantage of other products offered by the financial institution.
A flexible transaction account with unlimited RediATM transactions, Visa Debit card purchases, Direct Debits, BPAY transactions as well as branch, agency, Bank@Post transactions.
What are the features of the People’s Choice Everyday Account?
Compare these features amongst a number of financial institutions to help you decide which account works best for your spending habits:
- Fees. There is a $6.50 monthly fee charged for this account. You can have that fee waived if you also have at least three of the following products; a term investment balance of at least $5,000, eligible pension, overdraft, Visa Credit Card, personal loan, mutual aid on your personal loan, motor vehicle insurance with the credit union, a home loan, investment loan, line of credit, mortgage repayment insurance with the credit union, home insurance through the credit union, a business banking relationship, member for at least 25 years or People’s Choice life insurance. The fee is also waived if you have a financial planning relationship with People’s Choice Credit Union.
- Linked debit card. The account comes linked to a Visa debit card, which can also be linked with a Visa Pay Tag or a redi2PAY app.
- ATM access. The Visa debit card can be used fee free for any number of transactions at all 3,400 rediATMs around Australia.
- Other transactions. The Visa debit card can also be used to make point of sale purchases at any EFTPOS check-out and online. Visa payWave is also available, allowing you to make certain purchases without having to swipe your card or sign the receipt.
- Accessibility. You can access the account at a branch, agency, Bank@Post, online, over the phone and through the People’s Choice Credit Union app.
- Direct debit. You can set up direct debit and BPAY to this account.
- Other access. You can also set up a cheque book or overdraft facility to the everyday account.
- Easy access of your account thru online, mobile and phone banking
- Linked Visa Debit card with PayWave
- Access to 3,400 RediATMs
- Lack of branches in Australia
How do I apply for the People’s Choice Everyday Account?
If you are already a member of the People’s Choice Credit Union, you can login into internet banking and click on open an account to apply for the Everyday Account. If not, you will first have to fill out an application for membership. Before you begin your application, read the following eligibility requirements to make sure that this account is right for you:
- Minimum age. This account is available for all members between the ages of 25 to 54.
- Residency requirements. Australian permanent residents may apply for this account as well as temporary residents with a valid work visa.
- Depository requirements. There is no minimum deposit required to open the account.
Before continuing to the application page you should also gather together the following documentation in order to efficiently fill out the forms:
- Tax file number. A tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemption code is not mandatory, but is used to ensure that any taxes on interest earnings is being withheld at the correct amount.
- Identification. People’s Choice Credit Union will attempt to confirm your identity online using one of the following identification documents; driver’s licence, Australian passport, Medibank Private health insurance, or your employment visa and foreign passport.
- Membership ID. Becoming a member of the People’s Choice Credit Union requires a $2 fee and is open to any Australian resident.
After reviewing the information submitted by you online, you will be notified of the details of your account, and the Visa debit card will be sent to the address that you provided. Once activated, you can begin to make your everyday banking transactions through your new account.
Are fees charged, if a direct debit is set up to pay people choice car loan off weekly from ANZ?
With the People’s Choice Credit Union Everyday Account, you can set up a direct debit but this will be included in the set monthly fee.
Should you have any questions regarding this account, we suggest you get in contact with People’s Choice Credit Union directly.