Tangerine Telecom Mobile Plan
Tangerine Telecom offers SIM-only mobile plans with no-lock-in contracts powered by parts of Telstra's 4G network.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Tangerine Telecom says it’s Australia’s “juiciest provider”, peeling back jargon to provide uncomplicated plans. You may be more familiar with Tangerine Telecom as a broadband provider, but it has tons of different SIM only plans for customers to pick up and slot into their phones.
- Wide selection of plans.
- International pack available.
- Network reaches 98.8% of Australians.
Compare mobile plans below
Compare Tangerine’s SIM only plans here
Whether you want a lot of data or a little, Tangerine has a bunch of plans for you to pick through and find the one that suits.
Tangerine Telecom mobile review: Why choose them?
On the whole, none of Tangerine Telecom’s plans provide very much in the way of data per dollar when compared to the offerings from other MVNOs and even Telstra itself. On top of basic inclusions, you get:
- International pack. For an extra $15 per day on top of your regular plan fee, you can add 200Mb of data per day and unlimited standard calls to over 40 destinations.
- Roaming. You can activate international roaming when you’re overseas. Be aware that roaming fees can add up swiftly and you’re probably better off with an alternative such as a local SIM.
- Wide selection. Tangerine Telecom has eight separate plans to choose from, letting you pick exactly the amount of data you’re after.
- Poor plan value. Even compared to a big provider like Telstra, Tangerine Telecom’s plans don’t really give much value for their cost, so it may be worth comparing mobile plans from different providers to get a better deal.
- Pay in advance. Tangerine charges plan fees at the beginning of the month, meaning you could end up paying an extra month if you want to cancel and aren’t careful.
Tangerine Telecom mobile network coverage
Tangerine Telecom uses the Telstra wholesale 3G and 4G networks, which reach around 98.8% of Australians. The main difference you’ll find in coverage compared to the whole network is mostly in a few rural and regional areas.
Tangerine Telecom: FAQ
How to switch to Tangerine Telecom?
More guides on Finder
If you're sick of slow speeds on the NBN, or just can't get connected, there are fast 4G/5G plans available for you.
Pay as you go mobile plans
Pay as you go mobile plans are a great way to save money if you don't use your phone very often.
4G vs 5G
5G is being rolled out across Australia right now, but how does it compare to 4G?
Telstra international roaming
You can get international roaming on most of Telstra’s postpaid mobile plans for just $10 a day.
Why mobile plans are nearly 20% cheaper than a year ago
It’s never been a better time to switch mobile plans than now. Prices have dropped by 17% compared to last year, and over 50% since 5 years ago.
How does Optus’s “unlimited” data stack up against Telstra and Vodafone?
Optus is finally offering “unlimited” data on its SIM-only plans, but how does it compare to “unlimited” data from Telstra & Vodafone?
NBN with 4G backup
Stay connected to the Internet during an Internet outage with an NBN plan that comes with a 4G backup modem.
MyNetFone business mobile plans
MyNetFone offers a range of mobile plans for your business, with a dedicated app to keep track of your spending.
Wi-Fi Dongle and Pocket Wi-Fi Plans
Wi-Fi dongles and pocket Wi-Fi are an easy way for you to get connected to the Internet while you're out and about.
Vodafone iPhone plans
Vodafone has some great deals if you're looking for an affordable way to own a new iPhone, with no excess data charges involved.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Get no excess data charges on these unlimited data mobile plans.
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert