Tangerine Telecom Mobile Plan
Tangerine Telecom offers SIM-only mobile plans with no-lock-in contracts powered by parts of Telstra's 4G network.
Tangerine Telecom says it’s Australia’s “juiciest provider”, peeling back jargon to provide uncomplicated plans. You may be more familiar with Tangerine Telecom as a broadband provider, but it has tons of different SIM only plans for customers to pick up and slot into their phones.
- Wide selection of plans.
- International pack available.
- Network reaches 98.8% of Australians.
Compare mobile plans below
Compare Tangerine’s SIM only plans here
Whether you want a lot of data or a little, Tangerine has a bunch of plans for you to pick through and find the one that suits.
Tangerine Telecom mobile review: Why choose them?
On the whole, none of Tangerine Telecom’s plans provide very much in the way of data per dollar when compared to the offerings from other MVNOs and even Telstra itself. On top of basic inclusions, you get:
- International pack. For an extra $5 per month on top of your regular plan fee, you can add 120 minutes for international calls to over 40 destinations.
- Roaming. You can activate international roaming when you’re overseas. Be aware that roaming fees can add up swiftly and you’re probably better off with an alternative such as a local SIM.
- Wide selection. Tangerine Telecom has eight separate plans to choose from, letting you pick exactly the amount of data you’re after.
- Poor plan value. Even compared to a big provider like Telstra, Tangerine Telecom’s plans don’t really give much value for their cost, so it may be worth comparing mobile plans from different providers to get a better deal.
- Pay in advance. Tangerine charges plan fees at the beginning of the month, meaning you could end up paying an extra month if you want to cancel and aren’t careful.
Tangerine Telecom mobile network coverage
Tangerine Telecom uses the Telstra wholesale 3G and 4G networks, which reach around 98.8% of Australians. The main difference you’ll find in coverage compared to the whole network is mostly in a few rural and regional areas.
Tangerine Telecom: FAQ
How to switch to Tangerine Telecom?
Read more on this topic
How does Optus's unlimited mobile top-up stack up? $5 for unlimited data for 24 hours, so what's the catch?
Circles.Life outperforms all other mobile providers with its $28 plan With $10 off a month for a limited time only, we show you why Circles.Life's 100GB plan is a clear winner against its competitors.
amaysim acquires OVO: What does that mean for you? The deal cements amaysim's status as Australia's largest MVNO.
The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals.
New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown Spending more time at home means we're using our mobile data less. Save $100 over the next 3 months by switching to a cheap mobile plan.
Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert