Tangerine Telecom’s mobile plans compared
Tangerine Telecom offers SIM-only mobile plans with no-lock-in contracts powered by parts of Telstra's 4G network.
Is Tangerine right for me?
- What does Tangerine offer? Tangerine offers an array of SIM-only mobile plans on parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks. These plans can be bundled together with Tangerine's NBN plans, too.
- Product highlights: No-lock-in contracts and a broad spread of data caps for all needs.
- Watch out for: Tangerine bills in advance, charging for the next month of service as soon as your current month ends. If you want to cancel your service, you'll need to submit a request before the end of your current billing cycle to avoid paying for an extra month.
Compare mobile plans below
Tangerine Telecom no-lock-in phone plans
Tangerine's SIM-only plans explained
- $70 plan includes 40GB of data
- $60 plan includes 30GB of data
- $50 plan includes 20GB of data
- $45 plan includes 15GB of data
- $40 plan includes 9GB of data
- $35 plan includes 6GB of data
- $25 plan includes 3GB of data
- $15 plan includes 1GB of data
No matter what plan you're on, going over your data limit will incur an automatic excess charge of $10/GB.
If you make a lot of overseas calls, an extra $5 a month will get you 120 minutes of international calls to any of the 64 destinations covered by Tangerine's international calls pack.
How does Tangerine compare?
- Wide range of data caps for all appetites
- Extended coverage thanks to the Telstra mobile network
- Pricing is notably steeper than many competing options
Tangerine Telecom mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
Why should you consider Tangerine?
Tangerine compares well to other MVNOs thanks to it being one of the relatively few providers operating on Telstra's mobile network. As the network with the highest speeds and largest coverage in Australia, the benefit of the Telstra network can make up for the slight premium Tangerine charges compared to providers on Optus's 4G network.
Tangerine Telecom recharge options
As a pre-paid service Tangerine Telecom sends a bill each month for your selected pricing tier. If you go over your data there's a set fee of $10 which gets you an extra 1GB. There's a service portal where you can check usage.
Payment options for each month include:
- Automatic direct debit payment
- Credit card
- In person at your post office
- Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
Read more on this topic
Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert