Tangerine Telecom’s mobile plans compared
Tangerine Telecom offers SIM-only mobile plans with no-lock-in contracts powered by parts of Telstra's 4G network.
Is Tangerine right for me?
- What does Tangerine offer? Tangerine offers an array of SIM-only mobile plans on parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks. These plans can be bundled together with Tangerine's NBN plans, too.
- Product highlights: No-lock-in contracts and a broad spread of data caps for all needs.
- Watch out for: Tangerine bills in advance, charging for the next month of service as soon as your current month ends. If you want to cancel your service, you'll need to submit a request before the end of your current billing cycle to avoid paying for an extra month.
Compare mobile plans below
Tangerine Telecom no-lock-in phone plans
Tangerine's SIM-only plans explained
- $70 plan includes 40GB of data
- $60 plan includes 30GB of data
- $50 plan includes 20GB of data
- $45 plan includes 15GB of data
- $40 plan includes 9GB of data
- $35 plan includes 6GB of data
- $25 plan includes 3GB of data
- $15 plan includes 1GB of data
No matter what plan you're on, going over your data limit will incur an automatic excess charge of $10/GB.
If you make a lot of overseas calls, an extra $5 a month will get you 120 minutes of international calls to any of the 64 destinations covered by Tangerine's international calls pack.
How does Tangerine compare?
- Wide range of data caps for all appetites
- Extended coverage thanks to the Telstra mobile network
- Pricing is notably steeper than many competing options
Tangerine Telecom mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
Why should you consider Tangerine?
Tangerine compares well to other MVNOs thanks to it being one of the relatively few providers operating on Telstra's mobile network. As the network with the highest speeds and largest coverage in Australia, the benefit of the Telstra network can make up for the slight premium Tangerine charges compared to providers on Optus's 4G network.
How to contact Tangerine
|Phone||1800 211 112|
|Support hours||Mon - Fri: 8:00AM to 10:00PM|
Sat - Sun: 9:00AM to 6:00PM
|Contact form||Contact Tangerine|
Tangerine Telecom recharge options
As a pre-paid service Tangerine Telecom sends a bill each month for your selected pricing tier. If you go over your data there's a set fee of $10 which gets you an extra 1GB. There's a service portal where you can check usage.
Payment options for each month include:
- Automatic direct debit payment
- Credit card
- In person at your post office
Read more on this topic
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Should you keep your landline? With unlimited calls now a standard inclusion for mobile plans, why are some Aussies yet to hang up on their home phone?
Google Pixel 4 plans compared If you're keen on a Google Pixel 4 on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, we've got all the details you need.
3G network shutdown Australia: What you need to know 3G networks will be decommissioned in Australia, but there’s still time to make plans for the switch-off – it's a few years away yet.
Optus adds Galaxy S10 5G and Oppo Reno 5G to its 5G line-up Telstra’s exclusive on Samsung and Oppo’s 5G handsets comes to an end, with the Oppo Reno 5G joining the Optus ranks.
Compare Australian iPhone 11 plans If you're after the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max on contract, you've got plenty of options to consider.
Telstra rolls out iPhone 11 plans with bonus Telstra Plus points Score points towards a variety of rewards with Telstra's iPhone 11 plans.
Optus is offering iPhone 11 plans with up to 200GB of data Choose from all three models of the latest iPhone on a range of 24-month and 36-month contracts.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert