Tangerine Telecom’s mobile plans compared
Tangerine Telecom offers SIM-only mobile plans with no-lock-in contracts powered by parts of Telstra's 4G network.
Is Tangerine right for me?
- What does Tangerine offer? Tangerine offers an array of SIM-only mobile plans on parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks. These plans can be bundled together with Tangerine's NBN plans, too.
- Product highlights: No-lock-in contracts and a broad spread of data caps for all needs.
- Watch out for: Tangerine bills in advance, charging for the next month of service as soon as your current month ends. If you want to cancel your service, you'll need to submit a request before the end of your current billing cycle to avoid paying for an extra month.
Tangerine Telecom no-lock-in phone plans
Tangerine's SIM-only plans explained
- $70 plan includes 40GB of data
- $60 plan includes 30GB of data
- $50 plan includes 20GB of data
- $45 plan includes 15GB of data
- $40 plan includes 9GB of data
- $35 plan includes 6GB of data
- $25 plan includes 3GB of data
- $15 plan includes 1GB of data
No matter what plan you're on, going over your data limit will incur an automatic excess charge of $10/GB.
If you make a lot of overseas calls, an extra $5 a month will get you 120 minutes of international calls to any of the 64 destinations covered by Tangerine's international calls pack.
How does Tangerine compare?
- Wide range of data caps for all appetites
- Extended coverage thanks to the Telstra mobile network
- Pricing is notably steeper than many competing options
Tangerine Telecom mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
Why should you consider Tangerine?
Tangerine compares well to other MVNOs thanks to it being one of the relatively few providers operating on Telstra's mobile network. As the network with the highest speeds and largest coverage in Australia, the benefit of the Telstra network can make up for the slight premium Tangerine charges compared to providers on Optus's 4G network.
How to contact Tangerine
|Phone||1800 211 112|
|Support hours||Mon - Fri: 8:00AM to 10:00PM|
Sat - Sun: 9:00AM to 6:00PM
|Contact form||Contact Tangerine|
Tangerine Telecom recharge options
As a pre-paid service Tangerine Telecom sends a bill each month for your selected pricing tier. If you go over your data there's a set fee of $10 which gets you an extra 1GB. There's a service portal where you can check usage.
Payment options for each month include:
- Automatic direct debit payment
- Credit card
- In person at your post office
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert