- Decent price for the amount of data you get
- Full Telstra network coverage
- Access to Telstra Air's free WiFi network
JB Hi-Fi Mobile Plans
JB Hi-Fi is one of Australia's favourite places to shop electronics, but how do the retailer's mobile plans stack up?
JB Hi-Fi has been selling electronics in Australia for ages, so it's no surprise they've started offering their own mobile plan option too. You'll need to head into one of its retail stores to buy their plan, but it's a pretty great value deal and even runs on the full Telstra network.
Compare more mobile plans below
Check out JB Hi-Fi's SIM only contract plan here
If you don't mind committing to a 12-month contract, you can get a pretty good value deal with JB Hi-Fi's SIM only plan.
JB Hi-Fi review: Why choose them?
While JB Hi-Fi's plan is decently priced for the data it provides, Telstra itself (the network they use) has a 60GB for $60 plan that doesn't need a contract and has a bunch of extra features to boot. There's not a whole lot to recommend a JB Hi-Fi plan over one from Telstra itself if you're after big data. On top of basic inclusions, JB Hi-Fi's plans offer:
- Gift cards. When you buy a 12-month contract plan, you'll get a bonus JB Hi-Fi gift card that you can use in-store.
- Telstra Air. Unlike many Telstra MVNOs, signing up with JB Hi-Fi will get you access to Telstra Air, the national free Telstra Wi-Fi network.
- Phone credit. On the 24-month contract plan, you will get some credit that can be used on buying a handset from JB Hi-Fi. The credit depends on how expensive the handset is.
- Roaming. Roaming is automatically enabled when you're overseas. You'll automatically be charged for $10 Day Passes each time you use your phone, which lets you make calls and send texts, plus use up to 500MB of data. Be aware that roaming costs can rack up quickly and an option like a local SIM may be much cheaper.
- Full Telstra network. JB Hi-Fi makes use of the complete Telstra mobile network, rather than the slightly limited wholesale version.
- Telstra Air. You get access to Telstra's national free Wi-Fi network.
- In-store only. Unlike the majority of phone plans, you can't purchase JB Hi-Fi mobile plans online.
- Mandatory contract. You have to sign a 12-month contract to get a JB Hi-Fi plan, with associated early termination fees if you want to leave before the end.
JB Hi-Fi network coverage
JB Hi-Fi uses the full Telstra 3G and 4G network, which reaches 99.5% of the Australian population.
JB Hi-Fi mobile: FAQ
How do I switch to JB Hi-Fi mobile?
Read more on this topic
Circles.Life outperforms all other mobile providers with its $28 plan With $10 off a month for a limited time only, we show you why Circles.Life's 100GB plan is a clear winner against its competitors.
amaysim acquires OVO: What does that mean for you? The deal cements amaysim's status as Australia's largest MVNO.
The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals.
New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown Spending more time at home means we're using our mobile data less. Save $100 over the next 3 months by switching to a cheap mobile plan.
Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Ask an Expert