The Macquarie Cash Management Account is especially designed for the investor in mind. By providing you with fast access to your capital, you can make investment decisions in an instant. This account works for SMSF trustees, online traders and professional investors as a savings hub in between opportunities.
This account also had online trading integration and is SMSF ready.
What are the features of the Macquarie Cash Management Account?
With your excess investment funds, you need an account that gives you liquidity. Compare the features of the Macquarie Cash Management Account against others offered by different Australian Banks to see where your investment capital has the best chance at growing your wealth:
- No ongoing fees. There are no monthly account keeping fees or management fees when you keep your cash in this account.
- Competitive interest rate. Balances above $5,000 earn a competitive rate of 0.55% p.a.interest, even when it is just sitting inside of the account. (Balances less than $5,000 earn no interest.)
- Interest paid monthly. The interest is calculated on your daily balance and paid into the account monthly, giving you the opportunity to earn even more with compound interest.
- Online trading available. This account is able to be linked to Macquarie online trading so that your money can be invested without hesitation.
- Self Managed Super Fund eligible. The Macquarie Cash Management Account is SMSF ready and able to help you with your accounting and tax needs.
- Investment management. You have the option of adding detailed reports to your statements that show you your income, profits and losses.
- Accessibility. Funds are moved into and out of this account instantly through online banking. You can set up direct debit for periodic payments into the account and make transfers from your current bank account. You will have to initiate these transfers with that financial institution first.
- $0 monthly account fee.
- Different types of account are available such as Joint, Sole Trader, Deceased Estate and even investment for your child under 18 years of age.
- Available for SMSFs, online traders and investors.
- Minimum opening deposit $0 required
How do I apply for the Macquarie Cash Management Account?
If you find that the features of the Macquarie Cash Management Account fit in with your investing style, you can complete an application online in just a few minutes by visiting Macquarie website, or download and print an application form.
Eligibility to apply online
In either case you are going to first want to ensure that you are eligible for this type of cash management account:
- Minimum age. You must be at least 18 years of age in order to qualify for this account.
- Residency requirements. All eligible applicants must be an Australian resident with a verifiable residential address.
- Depository requirements. You do not need to make any initial deposit in order to open the account. Electronic signatures are used, so once the account has been opened you will be able to make deposits immediately.
In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements, you will also need to provide Macquarie Bank with certain documentation in order to ensure that your details are processed quickly:
- Tax file number. Your tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemption is needed by Macquarie Bank in order for them to withhold the correct tax amount from any interest earnings.
- Identification. Macquarie Bank employs electronic verification of your identity, so providing them with your passport or driver’s licence number should be sufficient to open the account.
Applicants who do not pass the electronic verification will need to provide physical identification documentation. If not, you will be notified of the account details within a few business days of submitting your application. Providing your electronic signature allows for you to begin making deposits into the account immediately.
I want to open a cash management account for SMSF. The trustee is corporate trustee. What document do I need to supply? I know Macquarie bank will supply me an Electronic Service Address for free. How long does it take to issue me such ESA? Could you please email me application form? I also want to link this account to trading account/platform, is any form I need to fill?
If you are providing your identification directly to Macquarie you will need to supply the following documents:
- Macquarie trust identification form and
- Macquarie company identification form and
- Certified copy of a up to date extract of the trust deed. The extract should include the page which shows the trust name, names of trustees, signatures o trustees with witnesses signatures, date of execution, names of beneficiary, names of settlor and each signatory must provide the general identification requirements, such as an passport of driver’s licence.
Macquarie’s ESA is provided on this page I’ve emailed you the link to the online application form. To link your share trading account, please get in touch with the customer service team at Macquarie to organise this as the form is not readily available online.