With IMB you have the advantage of an everyday spending account that waives your monthly fee if you keep the balance above the required amount. Use the linked Visa debit card the same as cash, even making withdrawals at over 3,000 ATMs across Australia. This is a transaction account that gives you a range of choices in how you are able to access your money.
What are the IMB Everyday Unlimited account features?
Compare the features of the Everyday Unlimited Account with transaction accounts that the other banks provide to help you make the right decision on which one fits your circumstance:
- Monthly account keeping fees. The $6 monthly account fee will be waived in months where you maintain a minimum balance of $2,000.
- Transactions. Transactions are free using IMB channels.
- Accessibility. With the Everyday Unlimited Account you are able to access your account and money through ATMs, EFTPOS, internet banking, phone banking, with a Visa debit card, cheque book, inside a branch or through mobile banking. If you open the account online, over the counter and cheque transactions will not be available until you meet IMB’s face to face identification requirements.
- Internet banking. Internet banking is free, and will allow you to transfer money and set up direct deposits and credits including BPAY.
- Mobile banking. IMB’s mobile app is available for both android ios and iPhone mobile devices. Once the free app has been downloaded you can use your mobile device to access internet banking.
- Visa debit card. You can link your transaction account to a Visa debit card and get all of the benefits of shopping with the logo without incurring any debt. The Visa debit card can also be used to withdraw cash from ATMs. Your account will be charged $1.60 a month if you choose this accessibility option.
- ATM accessibility. Withdraw funds from over $3,000 ATMs across Australia including IMB, St.George Bank, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA. Using ATMs outside of this network will result in separate provider fees.
- International ATM use. You will be charged a $5 fee when using an ATM while travelling overseas.
- International transaction fees. For purchases made through an overseas merchant you will be charged the greater of 2.5% of the value or $5.
- Free internet and phone banking
- Wide range of access of your money
- Linked Visa debit card
- There is $6 monthly account fee for accounts with monthly deposits of below $2000
- 2.50% international transaction fees apply
- $5 overseas ATM withdrawal fee
How do I apply for the IMB Everyday Unlimited account?
If you like the flexibility that the Everyday Unlimited Account affords, IMB makes it easy to apply right online. Before you begin your application, check to make sure that you are eligible for this account:
- Minimum age. There is no specified age limit you need to be in order to open this account.
- Residency requirements. In order to be a member of IMB you must be a resident of Victoria (VIC), Queensland (QLD), South Australia (SA) or the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). For the purpose of the Everyday Unlimited Account you must be a permanent resident, but not a tax resident or citizen of the United States.
- Depository requirements. You need to have an opening balance of one dollar in order for the account to be activated.
While filling out your application you are going to find it will take less time if you have the following documentation available:
- Tax file number. By providing IMB with your tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemption code you can ensure that the correct withholding tax is being applied to your interest earnings.
- Identification. You will need to have either your driver’s licence (VIC, QLD, SA or ACT only), Medicare card or passport in order for you to be able to complete the application.
After verifying the information that you submit with your online application, an account will be established in your name, and IMB will prepare and send you your Visa debit card by Australian post.