Queenslanders Credit Union has been providing financial services to its local communities for over 50 years. Read on to see what types of home loan they can offer you.
Queenslanders Credit Union was founded in 1963 and now has more than 20,000 members. It is dedicated to providing quality financial products, affordable fees and competitive interest rates. It is now the sixth largest credit union in Queensland.
Switch & Save!
Queenslanders Credit Union is currently offering refinancers $1,000 cash back when they move their home to Queenslanders Credit Union. Current customers of the credit union are not eligible for this cash back. Regardless of whether you switch to a fixed, variable, or split rate option.
This offer is available for a limited time only! Other terms and conditions may apply.
Compare Queenslanders Credit Union home loans
What does Queenslanders Credit Union do?
Queenslanders Credit Union provides a full range of financial services including business banking, savings accounts, credit and debit cards, insurance solutions and financial planning advice.
It also offers a range of home loans with affordable repayment options. There are loans with fixed and variable rates, flexible repayment options, and even the Queenslanders Ultimate Home Loan package which offers a range of features and discounts. Read on to find out more about the home loans offered by Queenslanders Credit Union.
Home loans offered by Queenslanders Credit Union
Queenslanders ultimate home loan
As its name suggests, this is the signature home loan option from Queenslanders Credit Union. It comes packed with features including free mortgage offset, free redraw facility, extra repayments allowed with no penalty, and an interest-only option. This loan is available for both owner-occupiers and investors.
The original home loan
The Original Home Loan has the same features as the Queenslanders Ultimate Home Loan but it is created for borrowers who need to borrow a smaller amount of money. The interest rate is higher compared to the Ultimate Home Loan but this offering comes with free mortgage offset, free redraw facility, no penalty for extra repayments, and an interest-only option.
Fixed rate loan
If you want to know what your repayments will be in advance, the Fixed Rate Loan offers the certainty you crave. It allows you to budget in advance and relax knowing that your repayments won’t increase even if the market interest rates do. Some of the features of this loan include a free redraw facility, no regular service fees, extra repayments allowed with no penalty, and an interest-only option.
Home action account
This is a loan and transactional account in one. This overdraft-style home loan offers flexibility to prospective borrowers. The interest on this loan is calculated daily and every dollar you deposit counts towards paying off the home loan.
Pros and cons of Queenslanders CU home loans
- Pre-approvals. Be in a strong bargaining position when it comes to negotiating the price of the property you want to buy. Getting a pre-approval lets you know how much you can borrow so you won’t overcommit yourself.
- Redraw facility. Every home loan from Queenslanders Credit Union has this facility to ensure that you can make extra repayments and save on interest costs when possible. There is no minimum redraw amount.
- Queensland only. As a community-based organisation, Queenslanders Credit Union only has branches in Queensland.
How to apply for a Queenslanders Credit Union home loan
The process of applying for a Queenslanders Credit Union home loan is quick, efficient and hassle-free. The credit union gives you three ways to apply:
- Apply online. Fill out a form online and submit.
- Download the form. If you prefer to provide your details on paper, simply download the application form and fill it out.
- Talk to a representative. Visit any Queenslanders Credit Union branch to talk to a home loan specialist about your options.
Documents needed to apply for a Queenslanders Credit Union home loan
- You’ll need to provide evidence of your identity which may include your Driver’s License or passport, in addition to any supporting documents.
- Details about the property’s value and location
- Information regarding your deposit
- The name of your solicitor and their contact details
- Details about your income
- Employer contact details
- Information about your assets, including other investments and property.
- The details of your debts and liabilities including other loans and credit cards.
- It should be noted that applying with someone else will mean they will need to provide the same financial details.
Queenslanders Credit Union is a highly rated and award winning loan provider. It may be a good idea to add one of their products into your next home loan comparison.