Nano Digital Home Loans is an online Australian lender. Nano has variable rate home loans for investor and owner-occupier refinancers. Check out the full table of Nano products below or read more about the lender and its loans.
Compare Nano home loans for July 2021
We've gathered a range of Nano home loans in the table below.
📌 Nano's home loans have no fees at all. As of July 2021, only refinancers can get a Nano home loan (no new buyers).
📌 Nano Digital Home Loans has an entirely online application process and no physical branches.
📌 You need at least a 25% deposit or equity for a Nano home loan, so borrowers with small deposits may not qualify.
Review by our senior home loans writer Richard Whitten
Nano home loan features
Here are the key features and details you need to know about Nano's mortgage products.
|Refinancers only||Nano is one of the market's newest lenders. As of July 2021, Nano only lends to refinancers switching existing mortgages over to Nano, although it's planning to lend to new buyers soon.|
|Fast approval||Nano boasts that its home loan approval takes "minutes, not weeks". The lender conducts a property valuation, credit check, income validation and identity verification digitally (this requires access to your banking information). But you also need to be a very good borrower for this fast process to work: Nano requires a PAYG income of $100,000 a year and you'll need to have a good credit rating.|
|Minimum deposit||Nano loans have 75% maximum LVRs. This means you can borrow up to 75% with a Nano mortgage and will need to have at least a 25% deposit (or equity, as a refinancer).|
|Offset sub-account||Nano offers what it calls "offset sub-accounts". These accounts function in a similar way to an offset account and have the same tax benefits. The offset sub-account allows you to make extra repayments and redraw them to spend as you need. The offset sub-account reduces the interest you are charged on the loan. Nano customers can also get a Visa debit card to spend the money from the offset sub-account, which also comes with Apple Pay and Google Pay.|
|Fees||Nano doesn't charge any fees at all.|
|App||Nano has an app that lets you track your saving and spending, categorise your transactions and manage your Nano cards if you're using a Nano account attached to your loan.|
How to compare Nano's home loans
To make sure you find the right Nano loan you need a clear idea of what you're looking for in a mortgage. These simple questions can help:
- What do you need the loan for? If you're buying a home to live in you need an owner-occupier loan. Property investors need an investment loan rate. Nano has both.
- Fixed or variable? Nano only offers variable rate loans. If you're after a fixed rate, you should look at another lender.
- Are you comfortable applying online? Because Nano is an online lender you need to be comfortable completing the entire home loan process via the web (with phone and chat support).
How do I apply for a Nano Digital Home Loans mortgage?
When applying for any home loan, you will need various documents to establish your identity, your financial situation, employment status and details about the property.
To get a Nano home loan you need to meet the following criteria:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You need to be earning a minimum $100,000 a year, in PAYG income. In other words, you need to be employed rather than someone who runs their own business.
When you apply for a mortgage with Nano you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
📄 Property details: To refinance, you will need details about your current home loan, including the interest rate, and the address of your property.
📄 Identification documents: You will need two forms of photo identification such as a driver's licence or passport.
📄 Income verification: Nano needs to access your financial transaction data (securely) to verify your income and expenses.
How to apply for a home loan
Lenders like Nano Digital Home Loans
If you want to compare loans from similar lenders to Nano then you can start with these online lenders. They all have competitive rates and may be a better match for your needs:
- UBank. UBank is a large online lender backed by NAB. It offers savings products in addition to home loans.
- Athena. This digital fintech lender offers low-rate mortgages and an entirely online, convenient service.
- Tic:Toc. This lender's online application tool can process your mortgage application fast. Backed by the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank.
- Homestar. A 100% online lender, Homestar has been providing mortgages to Australian borrowers since 2004.
- Loans.com.au. A Brisbane-based online lender, Loans.com.au is backed by Firstmac, Australia's largest non-bank lender.
- ME Bank. Member's Equity was established back in 1994 and went fully digital in 2012.
- ING. This online bank is part of the global, Netherlands-based financial group of the same name.
Looking for more mortgage options?