Freedom Lend Construction Loan
Get the funds you need to build your dream home and take advantage of no ongoing fees with a Freedom Lend Construction Home Loan
If you’re looking to buy an established house rather than build one, consider Freedom Lend’s range of fixed and variable rate home loans.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
The Freedom Lend Construction Home Loan is a full doc loan with a competitive variable interest rate. With a maximum loan-to-value ratio of up to 90%, you’ll be required to have at least a 10% deposit saved but you won’t have to worry about the cost of lender’s mortgage insurance (LMI).
Available for the construction of both residential and investment homes, this mortgage product allows extra repayments to be made, and also comes with a 100% offset account which helps keep your interest payments to a minimum.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Freedom Lend Construction Home Loan?
- Maximum loan amount. The maximum amount you can borrow with the Freedom Lend Construction Home Loan is $5,000,000 and the minimum loan amount is $150,000.
- Maximum LVR. As the name of the loan suggests, the maximum allowable LVR is 80%. This means that you need to have at least a 20% deposit saved but that you will not have to budget for LMI premiums.
- Offset account. A 100% offset account is linked to the loan to help minimise your interest payments.
- Repayment flexibility. You can set your repayment frequency to weekly, fortnightly or monthly to complement your budget. Additional repayments are allowed at any time, while interest-only payments are also available for a limited period.
- Redraw facility. Unlimited free redraws are available which allow you to access the extra repayments you make towards your mortgage.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Monthly fee: $0. There are no monthly service fees with this loan, enabling you to save more.
- Annual fee: $0. There's no ongoing annual fee charged as part of this loan.
- LMI: amount varies. You can avoid this charge by keeping your LVR under 80%. Borrowing more than 80% of the property's value will see you pay LMI charges.
- Application fee: $0. This charge covers the cost of setting up your loan and preparing your loan documents.
- Legal fee: $0. This covers Freedom Lend's third party legal costs.
- Redraw fee: $0. There are no extra fees for accessing extra repayments you've made through your redraw facility.
- Exit fee: $0. If you wish to exit your loan agreement at any stage you will need to pay this switch fee.
- Valuation fee: $775. This fee is designed to cover the cost of having the value of your property appraised.
- Construction fee: $300. This fee is charged to cover the additional setup costs of this loan. Note that there might also be third party costs associated with this loan.
How to apply
If you've compared your options and decided that the Freedom Lend Construction Home Loan is right for you, click 'Apply Now' to be redirected to the Freedom Lend online application page.
You'll need to be an Australian resident and at least 18 years of age to apply for the loan.
In addition, you'll need to provide:
- Your name, address and contact details
- Your date of birth
- 100 points of identification, including your driver's licence or passport
- Details of your employment and evidence of your income
- Details of any assets you own
- Information about your liabilities
- Information about the property you are buying, including the contract of sale
Once you've submitted your loan application a representative from Freedom Lend will be in touch as soon as possible to let you know if you have been successful and to discuss your borrowing needs in greater detail.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up to $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 80% of the property's value (terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.