Pay no monthly account keeping fee and make unlimited free electronic, BPAY and EFTPOS transactions. Make contactless payments with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
Easy Street Everyday Account
- Account keeping fee
- ATM withdrawal fee
- Overseas ATM withdrawal fee
- Overseas transaction fee of transaction value
This everyday transaction account charges almost no fees when using it in Australia. There’s no monthly account keeping fee, no fees for electronic transactions, EFTPOS transactions or BPAY transactions. Easy Street won’t charge you any ATM withdrawal fees in Australia (but keep in mind the local ATM operator may charge its own fee).
There are some fees when using the card overseas, though. There’s a withdrawal fee of $5 for overseas ATMs and a 3% international transaction fee. So if the main purpose of the account is for traveling, you could save with a debit card that doesn’t charge these fees.
You can make payments with your phone using Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay, and you can also opt to receive an optional free payWave wristband from Easy Street. Lastly, there are no bank branches for Easy Street, so it might not be suited to you if you do a lot of your banking in branch.
No monthly account fee
No ATM fees in Australia (charged by Easy Street)
Unlimited free electronic transactions
Linked Visa debit card
Google Pay, Samsung Pay and Apple Pay available
Overseas ATM and transaction fees apply
|Product Name||Easy Street Everyday Account|
|Monthly account fee||$0|
|Own network ATM fee||$0|
|International ATM Fee||$5 + 3%|
|International transaction fee||3%|
|Monthly deposit required to waive account fee||N/A|
|Contactless Payments||Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay|
|Joint account availability||No|
|Minimum opening deposit||N/A|
Free unlimited electronic transactions
The Easy Street Everyday Account lets you make an unlimited number of electronics transactions for free. These include EFTPOS transactions, BPAY transactions, internal and external online banking transactions, electronic deposits including payroll, direct debits, periodical payments as well as pay anyone transactions.
Round-the-clock online access
You get 24/7 access to your account through Easy Street's online banking platform, using which you can manage your everyday banking as per your convenience. You can use the online banking system to view statements, make transfers and pay bills.
Visa debit card
You get a Visa debit card linked to your account, which you can use at ATMs and EFTPOS terminals globally. You can use details from your PIN and chip protected debit card to pay bills and make purchases online and over the phone. Cardholders can also withdraw cash when making in-store purchases, thereby saving on ATM withdrawal fees. Visa's Zero Liability Policy provides extra peace of mind to cardholders.
Easy Street does not have any of its own ATMs, however Australian debit cardholders can access NAB, Westpac, ANZ and CBA ATMs for free within Australia.
No monthly fee
There's no monthly account keeping fee.
There's an ATM withdrawal fee of $0 when using an ATM outside of the Big Four. Other fees and charges you may have to pay include overseas ATM withdrawal fees, debit card replacement fees, dishonour fee, and so on.
Access to local call centre
You can access Easy Street's Australian call centre online and over the phone. If you correspond via email you'll get a response within one business day. If you wish to speak to an Easy Street representative, you can contact its call centre from 08:00am to 08:00 pm on weekdays, and from 08:00 am to 03:00pm on Saturdays.
You don't get physical statements. However, you can access e-Statements at any time using Easy Street's online banking platform.
Financial claims scheme
The Australian Government's Financial Claims Scheme protects your combined deposits of up to $250,000 with Easy Street.
How to apply
Applying for an Easy Street Everyday Account is easy and takes little time. If you're an existing Community First member you can apply by logging in to Easy Street Internet Banking. If you're not a Community First member you can apply online. Before you do, make sure you meet these eligibility criteria:
- You're willing to become a Community First member by paying $2 for your member share
- You have an Australian residential address
Completing the application requires that you provide different kinds of information, which includes:
- Identification. New members have to go through a legally mandated identity check, which you can complete using your Australian driver's license, passport or Medicare card.
- Tax file number. If you don't want Easy Street to deduct withholding tax from the interest your money earns, provide your tax file number.
- Other information. Easy Street collects $2 for your member share through a nominated bank account for which you have to provide your bank name, account name, account number and BSB. The application also requires your name, contact details and employment details.
What happens after I submit my application?
After Easy Street opens your account, it dispatches the Visa debit card to your mailing address. It can take seven to 10 business days for the card to get to you.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked