Sydney based Community First Credit Union owns and operated Easy Street. This online institution has no physical locations. The Easy Street Everyday Access Account aims to simplify how you access cash, shop and pay bills. The account does not have a minimum balance requirement. It attracts a nominal monthly account keeping fee.
What are the features of the Easy Street Everyday Access Account?
- Free unlimited electronic transactions. The Easy Street Everyday Access Account lets you make an unlimited number of electronics transactions for free. These include EFTPOS transactions, BPAY transactions, internal and external online banking transactions, electronic deposits including payroll, direct debits, periodical payments as well as pay anyone transactions.
- Round-the-clock online access. You get 24/7 access to your account through Easy Street’s online banking platform, using which you can manage your everyday banking as per your convenience. You can use the online banking system to view statements, make transfers and pay bills.
- Visa debit card. You get a Visa debit card linked to your account, which you can use at ATMs and EFTPOS terminals globally. You can use details from your PIN and chip protected debit card to pay bills and make purchases online and over the phone. Cardholders can also withdraw cash when making in-store purchases, thereby saving on ATM withdrawal fees. Visa's Zero Liability Policy provides extra peace of mind to cardholders.
- ATM withdrawals. You get direct charge free access to the country’s second largest ATM network, which includes more than 3,500 ATMs part of the rediATM, NAB and BOQ networks. You can make five free ATM withdrawals every month, and can make unlimited cash withdrawals through EFTPOS terminals for free.
- Monthly fee. You have to pay an ongoing monthly fee of $5 to maintain this account.
- Other fees. If you exceed the five free ATM withdrawals limit, every subsequent ATM withdrawal attracts a fee of $1.75. Other fees and charges you may have to pay include overseas ATM withdrawal fees, debit card replacement fees, dishonour fee, and so on.
- Access to local call centre. You can access Easy Street’s Australian call centre online and over the phone. If you correspond via email you’ll get a response within one business day. If you wish to speak to an Easy Street representative, you can contact its call centre from 08:00am to 08:00 pm on weekdays, and from 08:00 am to 03:00pm on Saturdays.
- Statements. You don’t get physical statements. However, you can access e-Statements at any time using Easy Street’s online banking platform.
- Financial claims scheme. The Australian Government’s Financial Claims Scheme protects your combined deposits of up to $250,000 with Easy Street.
- Unlimited free electronic transactions
- Linked Visa debit card
- Access to rediATM network
- Monthly fee applies
How do I apply for the Easy Street Everyday Access Account?
Applying for an Easy Street Everyday Access Account is easy and takes little time. If you’re an existing Community First member you can apply by logging in to Easy Street Internet Banking. If you’re not a Community First member you can apply online. Before you do, make sure you meet these eligibility criteria:
- You’re willing to become a Community First member by paying $2 for your member share
- You have an Australian residential address
Completing the application requires that you provide different kinds of information, which includes:
- Identification. New members have to go through a legally mandated identity check, which you can complete using your Australian driver’s license, passport or Medicare card.
- Tax file number. If you don’t want Easy Street to deduct withholding tax from the interest your money earns, provide your tax file number.
- Other information. Easy Street collects $2 for your member share through a nominated bank account for which you have to provide your bank name, account name, account number and BSB. The application also requires your name, contact details and employment details.
After Easy Street opens your account, it dispatches the Visa debit card to your mailing address. It can take seven to 10 business days for the card to get to you.