CUA Premium Fixed Rate Home Loan
Enjoy flexible features, competitive fixed rates and no monthly fees with the CUA Premium Fixed Rate Home Loan.
The CUA Premium Fixed Rate Home Loan offers a range of competitive fixed rates that you can take advantage of for varying periods of time. With flexible features such as an offset account and the option to make additional repayments up to $50,000 without penalties, this home loan could be an option to finance a home purchase. Once you apply and get approved for the loan, you'll also receive additional free transactions on your CUA bank savings account.
Product no longer on the market
This product is no longer on the market. The information on this page may no longer be accurate or up to date. To see the current mortgage offers from CUA please visit this page.
|Pros & Cons|
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the CUA Premium Fixed Rate Home Loan?
- Maximum LVR. The maximum LVR without having to pay lender's mortgage insurance stands at 80%, and this increases to 95% if you opt to pay for lenders mortgage insurance. This applies to loans with principal and interest repayments.
- Redraw facility. With the CUA Premium Fixed Rate Home Loan, you get to make additional lump sum repayments up to $50,000 during the fixed term, and redraw these additional repayments whenever you need extra cash. You can use the funds you redraw for whatever purpose you wish, including financing a holiday, home improvement or simply covering your bills. It's easy to redraw your extra repayments online as there will be no minimum amount and the funds are instantly transferred to your transaction or savings account.
- Offset account. This feature can help you pay off your CUA Premium Fixed Rate Home Loan sooner as it allows you to reduce your loan term and save on interest costs. Any amount up to $50,000 in your account will offset interest on your home loan. For example, keeping $10,000 in your offset account on a home loan of $200,000 would see you only pay interest on $190,000.
- Interest-only repayments. This feature allows you to pay off only the interest costs on your loan for a set period. This is designed to keep your loan repayments to a minimum if you are having cash flow problems or want to commit your income elsewhere.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
There are no ongoing account keeping fees for this loan however below are the fees that will be charged with this loan:
- Loan establishment fee. The CUA Premium Fixed Rate Home Loan has a $600 loan establishment fee that goes towards setting up your loan account.
- Security administration fee: $195. This upfront fee covers the cost of setting up your property as security for the loan.
How to apply
To be eligible for this loan, please note that you have to meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You have to earn a regular income
- You must be a permanent Australian resident
The following information will also be needed to finalise your loan application:
- Your full name, address and contact details
- Your identification details
- Details of your occupation, sources of income and time spent in your current job. Also include copies of your last two pay slips and group certificates
- Details of what you owe on existing home, car, personal or line of credit loans and on credit cards
- Details of your assets
Learn more about the award-winning CUA Premium Fixed Rate home loan and compare it to other home loans on finder.com.au to find a loan that suits your specific needs.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
The CUA Premium Fixed Rate home loan offers flexible features that help you repay your home loan sooner and pay off your loan according to your income and preferences. Your loan reverts to the CUA Standard Variable Home Loan after the end of the fixed rate period.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up to $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 80% of the property's value (terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.