The CUA Everyday Snap Account is a handy everyday account with some added travel benefits. The CUA Everyday Snap Account will refund international ATM withdrawal fees and international card transaction fees when you deposit $2,000 or more each month and make at least five purchases with your CUA Visa Debit card each month.
The CUA Everyday Snap Account is a convenient everyday transaction account that offers a few more benefits than the standard CUA Everyday Account for customers who can meet the monthly deposit requirement.
The CUA Everyday Snap Account offers the following features.
No account-keeping fees
There are no set-up fees and no monthly account-keeping fees charged with this account.
Refund of international ATM fees and international transaction fees
Enjoy a refund of international ATM fees and international transaction fees when the monthly account conditions are met (account conditions are explained below). Having these fees refunded back into your account can save you lots of money if you regularly use your debit card overseas or if you shop online from international retailers.
If you're eligible to get these fees refunded, they'll be refunded back into your account on the first day of the following month.
Refund of overdrawn account fees
If you accidentally overdraw your account balance (that is, your balance dips below $0), the overdrawn fee will be refunded to you if you've met the account conditions.
Monthly account conditions to meet
In order to get the overseas ATM fees and international card transaction fees refunded, you need to deposit at least $2,000 a month into the account and make at least five purchases with the CUA Visa Debit card that’s linked to your CUA Everyday Snap Account.
Linked Visa Debit card
This account comes with a linked CUA Visa Debit card that you can use online, at ATMs and in stores all around the world. The debit card comes with Visa payWave so you can tap and pay for purchases less than $100.
Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay available
You can link your CUA Everyday Snap Account with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay to make purchases from the account using your phone, watch or wearable device.
Mobile banking and online banking
Access your account via Internet banking or using the CUA mobile banking app when you’re out and about.
Savings Top Up feature helps you save
By turning on CUA’s Savings Top Up feature, you can save between $0.50 and $5 each time you make a payment over $10 in value. You determine how much you want to save with every purchase above $10, and CUA will automatically transfer the money into your linked CUA savings account to help you save money without even thinking about it.
- Refund of overseas ATM fees and international card transaction fees when conditions are met
- $0 monthly account-keeping fee
- Savings Top Up tool helps you save
- Google Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay available
- Free ATM withdrawals at thousands of ATMs in Australia
- International ATM fees and international transaction fees do apply if account conditions aren’t met
- Can’t access all ATMs in Australia for free
How to apply
You can apply for this account online in minutes as long as you meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency requirements. You must be an Australian resident with a residential address.
- Depository requirements. In order for this account to be activated, you must make an opening deposit of at least one dollar.
You will also need to have the following documentation readily available:
- Tax file number. Your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code is used to help ensure that the correct withholding tax rate is being applied on your savings with CUA.
- Identification. Acceptable forms of ID documents include your passport, driver’s licence or Medicare card.