The CUA Everyday Account is a convenient transaction account for everyday spending. The account comes with no monthly account keeping fees, plus multiple ways to access and use the account, including Internet and mobile banking, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
This account offers Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay allowing you to make purchases securely with your smartphone when you don't have your debit card with you.
What are the CUA Everyday Account features?
Compare the features of the CUA Everyday Account to similarly structured accounts from other Australian banks.
No monthly account keeping fees.
With CUA you are not charged a monthly fee for your Everyday Account.
Multiple ways to access your account.
You can bank in person at any CUA branch or Bank@Post, or you can use Internet, mobile and phone banking to manage your funds.
Linked Visa Debit Card with Visa payWave.
This account is linked to a Visa Debit Card, allowing you to make withdrawals at ATMs and EFTPOS purchases wherever Visa is accepted. You can also use your debit card to tap-and-go without entering your PIN for purchases under $100.
Samsung Pay, Google Pay and Apple Pay available.
You can add your CUA Visa Debit Card to Samsung Pay, Google Pay or Apple Pay to start making secure contactless payments on the go with your phone.
Access thousands of ATMs for free nationwide
Make cash withdrawals any CommBank, Westpac, NAB or ANZ ATM for free.
Mobile banking app available.
CUA offers a free mobile app for iPhone and Android devices, so you can manage your balance and make payments on-the-go.
Ongoing balance of just $1.
You need to maintain a minimum of $1 in the account in order for it to stay active.
- No monthly account fees
- Linked Visa debit card
- Access thousands of ATMs for free nationwide
- Limited branches
How do I apply for the CUA Everyday Account?
CUA is an Australian credit union that offers membership to anyone regardless of where you live or work. You can apply for this account online. Eligibility requirements you will be asked to meet include:
- Minimum age. You must be at least 18 years of age for your application to be accepted.
- Residency requirements. Membership into CUA and the Everyday Account are available for Australian residents with residential addresses.
- Depository requirements. In order for this account to be activated you must make an opening deposit of at least one dollar.
Filling in the application forms will be made easier if you have the following documentation readily available:
- Tax file number. Your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code is used on interest earning accounts to help ensure that the correct withholding tax rate is being applied.
- Identification. Acceptable forms of photo identification documents include your passport, driver’s licence or Medicare card.
Upon verifying that the information you provided is correct, CUA will contact you with the details of your new account. You will also receive your Visa debit card, which will need to be activated before you can begin making any ATM or EFTPOS transactions.