CUA Achieve Variable Home Loan
A variable rate loan with investor, owner-occupier and construction options that comes with a partial offset account
The CUA Achieve Variable Home Loan comes with a partial offset account and has options for investors, home purchase or construction. Some options let you borrow up to 90% of a property's value.
Richard Whitten is a senior writer at Finder, and has been covering home loans and the property market in Australia for the last 4 years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely, as well as multiple banks and lenders. Richard has a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, a Bachelor of Education from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Certificate in Communication. He enjoys helping people understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea.
The CUA Achieve Variable Home Loan is available for principal and interest or interest-only repayments. It has options for investors, owner-occupiers and construction of a home or investment property. In short, there's an option for most borrowers.
The Achieve Variable comes with a multi-account partial offset that lets you offset up to $15,000 of the combined balances of your CUA Everyday accounts.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the CUA Achieve Variable Home Loan?
- Loan amount and purpose. The CUA Achieve Variable Home Loan has a minimum borrowing amount of just $100,000 and a maximum borrowing amount of $5,000,000, making it suitable for most borrowers.
- Repayment flexibility. You can make unlimited extra repayments without penalty, giving you the flexibility to pay off your loan faster if it suits.
- Loan-to-value ratio. You can borrow between 80 and 90% LVR depending on the purpose of your loan. But be aware that an LVR of more than 80% means you need to pay lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) or find a guarantor.
- No ongoing fees. You won't need to pay any ongoing fees with a CUA Achieve Variable loan. But there are one-off discharge and settlement fees.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Application fee: $600. This is a one-off fee to cover the cost of processing your mortgage application.
- Settlement fee: $235. This fee covers the costs of funding your home loan.
- Discharge fee: $500. The discharge fee is charged when you close your home loan account either by paying off your loan or refinancing.
How to apply
If you're interested in the CUA Achieve Variable Home Loan click the green button above and follow the application process to speak to a CUA mortgage specialist.