How much do British Bulldogs cost?
We found British Bulldog prices to range between $2,000 and $6,500 in Australia.
To get these costs, we looked at over 40 prices from breeders across Australia on sites including Gumtree, Dogzonline and Trading Post.
How much does pet insurance cost for a British Bulldog?
Pet insurance for a British Bulldog is likely to cost you between $90.69 and $460.72. This is more than many other breeds we looked at, such as Greyhounds, Pugs and King Charles Cavalier Spaniels.
|1-year old||2-year old||3-year old||4-year old||5-year old||Apply today|
What are some health issues my British Bulldog could face?
- Hip dysplasia is very common among British Bulldogs. Hip Dysplasia involves an abnormal joint condition that can contribute to your Bulldog becoming lame or suffering from chronic pain.
- Sores, abscesses and infections are relatively common in the folds of your bulldog's face, should the face not be regularly washed and wiped down to keep it clean.
- Bulldogs are famous for their respiratory problems, due to their narrowed airways caused by selective breeding to achieve their distinctive face.
More about British Bulldogs
- Although bulldogs have a chequered past, and are often stereotyped as being rather aggressive, the British Bulldog is a perfect family pet, as they are generally agreed to be excellent around young children.
- The name "bulldog" dates back to the bloody sport of bull baiting. Bulldogs were used to creep beneath a bull and attempt to latch onto its nose – often with painful, and even fatal, results for both the dog and the bull.
Get pet insurance for your British Bulldog
More guides on Finder
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Your guide to protecting your Staffie.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Everything you need to know about finding pet insurance cover for your beloved Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
Pugs: Prices, breed information and insurance costs
Use our guide to learn about the health requirements of your beloved pug and find pet insurance policies to suit their needs.
Use our guide to learn about the health requirements of your Greyhound and find pet insurance policies to suit them.
A guide to insuring Golden Retrievers. Read on to learn how to protect your Goldie from common ailments and the role of pet insurance in bringing you peace of mind.
Ask an Expert