The Bankwest Retirement Advantage Account is a fee free transaction account and savings account in one. The variable interest rate is tiered to the Retirement Advantage bank account balance. You get a MasterCard debit card so you can securely spend online, over the counter or withdraw for free at Bankwest or Commonwealth Bank ATM.
What are the features of the Bankwest Retirement Advantage Account?
- No monthly account fees. You’ll pay nothing to open the Bankwest Retirement Advantage bank account and there are no monthly account keeping fees. Overseas transaction fees apply when you use the MasterCard or Bankwest debit card outside Australia.
- Free ATM withdrawals. Pay nothing to make cash withdrawals from Commonwealth Bank and Bankwest ATMs. Make free withdrawals at over 4,000 Bankwest and Commonwealth Bank ATMs Australia wide.
- Two free Bankwest staff assisted withdrawals. There’s no charge when you visit a Bankwest branch to withdraw funds from your Retirement Advantage Account up to two times a month.
- Debit MasterCard. The Bankwest Retirement Advantage Account comes with a Debit MasterCard. You can use this card to make purchases in Australia, overseas and to shop online. The Debit MasterCard is also contactless enabled so you can tap and go at PayPass terminals. You can also select a Bankwest Debit Card. The Bankwest debit card lets you make ATM withdrawals. It can not be used to make online purchases and is not enabled for contactless payments.
- Platinum Debit MasterCard. You’re eligible for a Platinum Debit MasterCard when you deposit more than $4,000 in this account each month. A Platinum Debit Card gives you complimentary purchase protection and extended warranty insurance, worldwide access to a concierge service and MasterCard lifestyle perks.
- Extras. Open a Bankwest Hero Saver high interest savings account and Bankwest term deposit to grow your savings balance even more. Make instant transfers between your Retirement Advantage Account and Bankwest Hero Saver.
- Bankwest internet banking. Manage your Retirement Advantage Account using Bankwest Online Banking (BOB). Pay bills using BPAY, the ‘pay anyone’ feature lets you transfer money to any account in Australia, view electronic account statements are more. Use BOB from your computer, smartphone or tablet 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- MasterCard Zero Liability Policy. The Zero Liability Policy protects you from card fraud. MasterCard will give you a full reimbursement if you’ve taken steps to keep your details a secret and funds have been stolen from your account.
- Application requirements. You need to be over the age of 55 or currently receiving a government pension to apply for the Bankwest Retirement Advantage Account.
- No monthly account fees
- Linked debit MasterCard
- Earn interest on your balance
- Must be aged 55 or over
How do you apply for the Bankwest Retirement Advantage Account ?
You can apply for the Bankwest Retirement Advantage Account online by visiting their website. The application takes less than 10 minutes to complete. Check that you’re eligible to apply for this account.
- Am I eligible? You must be over the age of 55 or receive a government pension to apply for this bank account.
You’re required to enter some basic personal information about yourself to complete the online application.
- Personal details. Enter your name, date of birth, email address, residential address and mobile or landline phone number.
- Employment status. Select your current employment status: casual, part time or employed full time; self employed; unemployed; retired or other.
- Tax File Number (TFN). You’re asked to provide your (TFN). You don’t have to enter this information when you apply for the Retirement Advantage Account online. You can give it to Bankwest after you’ve submitted the application. Any interest you earn on the funds held in this account will be taxed at the marginal tax rate until you provide your TFN to Bankwest.
Once you enter your personal information, you can select the type of debit card you’d like. If you plan on depositing more than $4,000, you can choose a Platinum Debit Card. Alternatively, you can select a Debit MasterCard with the choice of six different colours or a Bankwest Eftpos card.
The last step is to your review you information and submit the application to Bankwest. You will then receive a confirmation email. Your debit card will arrive in the mail in 7 - 10 days time.
You may be required to provide additional identification to complete your application for the Retirement Advantage Account. Bankwest will inform you about any additional requirements by sending you an email once you have submitted your application.