With eligible Bankwest transaction accounts you can get all of the features that a debit MasterCard provides along with the extra perks that come from a platinum card. Not only will you be able to make purchases and withdrawals wherever a MasterCard is accepted, there will never be any interest charged to you for the cost of your transactions. Plus you get exclusive access to platinum perks like insures and special offers.
Key Features of the Bankwest Platinum Debit MasterCard
A linked debit card will make a big impact on how convenient your transaction account is. Before deciding on which account to use to handle your everyday spending, look at the type of debit card being offered and compare its features to the Bankwest Platinum Debit MasterCard:
No debit card fees
There are no debit card fees provided you are deposit at least $4,000 a month into the account that it is linked to.
Access to ATMs worldwide
The Platinum Debit MasterCard can be used to withdraw money at ATMs worldwide as well as make purchases in person, online and over the phone at any of the 34 million locations around the world where MasterCard is accepted.
Security features associated with MasterCard
Because you can select Credit when making purchases, security features associated with MasterCard are available.
Option to link to Bankwest transaction accounts
You can link the debit card to a host of Bankwest transaction accounts, including Easy Transaction Account, Qantas Transaction Account, Rewards Transaction Account, Hero Transaction Account, Retirement Advantage Account, or the Offset Transaction Account. In order to be eligible you must be able to deposit at least $4,000 into your account each month. You can compare Bankwest products and services here.
Access to a 24/7 concierge service
With the platinum card comes 24/7 concierge service to help with managing your daily tasks.
Access to travel assistance
Platinum card holders can ask for free assistance in making travel arrangements.
Access to lifestyle services
This special service exclusive to platinum card holders can assist you with finding restaurants, tickets and shopping venues.
Access to complimentary insures
Your purchases made with the Platinum Debit MasterCard are covered for theft, loss or damage for three months following the purchase date. You are also given extended warranties for free on certain purchases made in Australia.
- $0 monthly account keeping fee
- Ability to earn rewards points
- No overseas ATM fees charged by Bankwest
- Minimum monthly deposit required for no fee advantages
- Low interest rate
How do I apply for the Bankwest Platinum Debit MasterCard?
The Platinum Debit MasterCard is a feature of the above mentioned transaction accounts. In order to receive one you must first apply and be approved for the everyday account that is most suited to your needs. Click “Go to Site” and you will be redirected to an account comparison page that will help you get started on comparing Bankwest transaction accounts. There are some eligibility requirements that you should know upfront that will help you in deciding if Bankwest is the financial institution that can meet your needs:
Eligibility to apply online
Before doing so, you should first make sure that you are able to meet their eligibility requirements:
- Age. The age requirement will vary by account, but Platinum Debit MasterCard is only an option for account holders over the age of 16.
- Residency requirements. Bankwest requires that all applicants of a transaction account have an Australian residential address. Other restrictions could apply depending on the account that you choose.
Documentation for your online application
If you meet the requirements and believe that the Platinum Debit MasterCard is for you, put the following documentation together in order to help you in completing the online application quickly:
- Identification. In order to complete the electronic ID check you will need to have two of the following forms of identification; driver’s licence, Medicare card, passport or Australian birth certificate.
- Tax file number. A tax file number (TFN) is primarily used for determining the correct withholding tax rate to apply for any interest earnings. Since some Bankwest everyday accounts, such as the Hero Transaction Account pay interest on your balance, providing your TFN will be beneficial.
- Depository requirements. Your opening deposit will have no bearing on whether you can receive the Platinum Debit MasterCard, but you will need to show that you have the ability to make at least $4,000 in deposits each month.
What happens after I've submitted the application online?
After submitting your application online you will receive a confirmation email and if all of the necessary information has been included, your account will be opened almost immediately.
If additional information is needed to confirm your identity, you may need to visit a Bankwest branch or participating Australian postal office. Your Platinum Debit MasterCard will arrive in your mailbox in approximately seven to 10 business days after the account has been activated.