BankVic Term Deposit
- Interest rate 12 months interest rate
- Up to 5% p.a.
- Minimum opening deposit
- Account keeping fee
Members can choose between a wide range of term lengths, from 3 months to 5 years, and earn a fixed interest rate on deposits of $5,000 or more.
Membership is limited to police officers, emergency response workers and other individuals working in public service and their family members, or if you live within 5kms of a branch.
Competitive interest rates
Interest is calculated daily and paid annually and on maturity
No management or account keeping fees
Funds are capital guaranteed up to $250,000
A minimum deposit of $5,000 is required
|Product Name||BankVIC Term Deposit|
|3 month interest rate||3.45%|
|4 month interest rate||3.45%|
|6 month interest rate||4.25%|
|7 month interest rate||3.45%|
|9 month interest rate||4.50%|
|12 month interest rate||5.00%|
|24 month interest rate||4.75%|
|36 month interest rate||4.75%|
|48 month interest rate||4.75%|
|60 month interest rate||4.75%|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$5,000|
|Minimum age requirement||18|
|Minimum Age Requirement||18|
|Joint account availability||No|
|Available to children||Not available for children|
$0 Monthly management fees
There is no monthly management fee for the term deposit account.
Range of terms available
You have the option of choosing terms ranging from 3 months up to 5 years.
Minimum opening deposit
The minimum balance amount is $5,000 in order to be eligible to earn interest.
Your interest rate is fixed for the period
The interest rates are fixed at a rate dependent on the length of your terms and amount on deposit. Generally the longer you choose to invest and the larger your balance, the higher the rates will be.
How is my interest calculated?
The interest will be calculated on your daily balance and paid to the account annually and at maturity.
Terms and conditions for early withdrawal
Withdrawal of your money before the agreed upon term ends can only be done at the discretion of BankVic after a written request has been received by you. In the event the request is approved, a reduction of interest will be applied to reflect the change in terms.
What happens when my term deposit it about to mature?
You will be notified a week prior to the ending term date and provided with current interest rates. If at this time you do not provide any further instruction a new account will be started with the same terms as your previous one but at the prevailing interest rate. You can also choose to continue the terms and deposit additional funds. You will be provided with a Term Deposit Certificate once the account has been activated and a new one each time the account is renewed.
You must be a BankVic member to apply
BankVic is a mutual bank owned by Australian shareholders. You must be a member in order to open a term deposit with them, and this is limited to police officers, emergency response workers and other individuals working in public service. You can also apply for membership if a family member is in this industry or if you are recommended by an existing member of good standing. Residents within five kilometres of a branch are also permitted to apply for membership.[/expander_content]
How to apply
BankVic offers multiple means of applying for their term deposit, including online which can be accessed by visiting their website. Keep in mind that this option is only available to existing members. If you have not yet signed up you will need to first complete that application. Other eligibility requirements you should know include:
- Minimum age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply online.
- Residency requirements. BankVic membership and their products is only available to Australian residents and citizens.
- Depository requirements. At least $5,000 must be deposited into the account before interest is accrued although you are able to make $2,000 deposits as well. If you are applying for membership you will also need to purchase ten shares at $1 each.
- Tax file number. It is not obligatory to provide your tax file number (TFN) yet it is helpful in ensuring that deductions made from your interest earnings are done at the correct rate.
- Identification. BankVic requires information from your passport or driver's licence on their membership application.
What happens after I submit an application?
Once your information has been received and confirmed, you will be able to make your opening deposit to activate the account. After that it is just sit and wait for the terms to end and your balance to grow.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
June 26, 2018
Hello, I’m from BankVic I’ve been trying to reach someone to amend our rates on your site as they are incorrect. I haven’t heard back and we need to chnage this asap.
June 27, 2018
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Sorry for the delay. We are thrilled to know you are interested in partnering with us! Our team is working double-time to accommodate all requests. In the meantime, kindly go to our Partner with us page. Please fill out the form with the necessary details about your company on this page and click the “Submit” button. Our Client Services team will get in touch with you to discuss the details once we received and evaluated your submitted information.
Show more Show less