The Little Copper Club S3 is aimed at the younger generation with the intention of helping them create a habit of saving for a rainy day. It offers special awards for saving and the chance to win an educational grant. Higher interest rates show under 18 year olds how money can multiply when kept in an account. The account is extremely flexible and allows day to day access. BankVic Little Copper Club S3 also helps under 18’s with investing. Minors can invest in ten, one dollar shares and thereby become a fully paid member of the Police Financial Service Limited, if all other eligibility requirements are met.
What are the features of the BankVIC Little Copper Club S3?
Access to the account is easy and as unrestricted as possible
Gain access to your account through various channels and platforms. This includes telephone, mobile, and internet banking. You can also go directly to a BankVic branch, and even a Westpac bank. The PayAnyone Mobile Email feature of mobile banking is also available for your use.
When making use of Westpac bank to withdraw funds, a specially encoded deposit book will be required, which is available from BankVic. All account information will be pre-coded on the deposit slips, saving you the effort of writing everything down and removing the risk of making substantial errors.
Interest will lead to a higher interest income
The interest on this account is calculated daily and credited on both the 30th of June and 31st of December. It will automatically lead to a higher interest income. The applicable interest rate (as per the time of writing this article) is 0.85% p.a..
Special benefits and rewards
The account comes with special benefits and rewards aimed at under 18 year olds to keep them interested in using a bank account and saving for the future. These include competitions in newsletters, a free policeman moneybox and saving rewards. Rewards come in the form of education grants and achievement awards.
The annual education grant is available to members with a minimum of $250 in their account, at the end of June each year. Entry is automatic and subject to meeting this requirement. The savings rewards are based on balances on 1 December each year. These balances are then assessed and entered into a draw, with the size of the prize determined by the balance in the account.
There are no applicable account keeping, management or annual fees that are charged to the account. The bank does hold the right to charge the normal dishonour, transaction, and other standard fees, which you can view in the BankVic Fees and Charges brochure, available on their website.
- no minimum balance or deposit
- no account keeping, management or annual fees
- savings rewards, i.e. education grants and achievement awards
- direct credits and debits to and from the account
- Only for members under the age of 18
What you’ll need to know before applying for the BankVic Little Copper Club S3
Here's what you need to know before apply.
Eligibility to apply online
- Do you have a BankVic membership? BankVic is a member only bank, therefore, to be able to qualify for any account held at their organisation you have to apply for membership first. This is gained by being a member of the police force, emergency service, health service or public service. If you stay 5km from one of their offices, you will qualify for membership, if another member introduces you to the bank you will be deemed fit to apply for membership, subject to this member having at least 12 months standing.
- Maximum age. This savings account is only available to those under the age of 18. When the account holder turns eighteen years of age, they will cease to be eligible for this account. The account will then be converted to a savings account. The bank will remind you of this prior this date.
- Identification. The identity of the minor will have to be verified by the bank even if the child doesn’t operate the account. However, the child will need to be the account holder as the account holder needs to be under the age of 18.
- Depository requirements. There are no requirements for a minimum account balance. Therefore, you are able to withdraw all of your available credit funds. Account holders also have the option of depositing any amount that they feel fit which makes the account very flexible.
Documentation for your application
- Proof of age. The bank will require proof that the account holder is under the age of 18 years before opening the account. They may also require a parent or guardian to sign the application form. The signatories, parents, or guardians, and the account holder will need to provide suitable identification as required by anti-money laundering legislation.
- How to apply. BankVic makes applying for an account very easy and stress-free. You can phone them, visit a branch or lodge your application online, as the applicable application form is available on their website.