BankSA term deposit
- Interest rate 12 months interest rate
- Up to 4.3% p.a.
- Minimum opening deposit
- Account keeping fee
- Maximum deposit
A BankSA term deposit offers a range of terms from 1 month to 5 years. You can get started with a small investment amount of $1,000 or more, up to $2,000,000. You can choose when and how you'd like to receive your interest payments.
Low minimum investment of
$0 Account keeping fees
Wide ranges of terms from 1 month to 5 years
31 days advance notice required in case of withdrawing funds before maturity
|Product Name||BankSA Term Deposit|
|3 month interest rate||3.55%|
|4 month interest rate||3.60%|
|6 month interest rate||3.80%|
|7 month interest rate||3.85%|
|9 month interest rate||4.05%|
|12 month interest rate||4.30%|
|24 month interest rate||4.05%|
|36 month interest rate||4.05%|
|48 month interest rate||4.05%|
|60 month interest rate||4.05%|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$1,000|
|Minimum age requirement||18|
|Minimum Age Requirement||18|
|Joint account availability||Yes|
|Available to children||Not available for children|
SPECIAL OFFER: 5.10% for 12 to 23 months
If you are a new customer and open a new term deposit account or if you are an existing customer and renew your term deposit account, you will enjoy 5% for 12 to 23 months on deposit from $1,000 to $5,000,000 with interest paid on maturity or monthly. This offer is available for a limited time and other terms and conditions apply.
Plus, you can get an additional bonus rate of 0.10% p.a. if you open or renew your term deposit online - bringing your fixed interest rate to 5.10% p.a..
Minimum investment amount of $1,000
Open a new term deposit with as little as $1,000. Or, you can invest as much as $2,000,000.
Terms from 1 month to 5 years
You can choose between a rage of term lengths between 1 month to 5 years, depending on how long you want to lock your money away.
Options at maturity
BankSA contacts you when your term deposit matures and you get 7 grace days to establish what you want to do with the money. If you wish to close the account, BankSA transfers the funds into a nominated bank account. If you wish to renew your term deposit, you can renew it for the same term again without making any changes (the new rate will be applied depending on the current fixed rate on offer at the time).
While longer terms tend to offer better interest rates in comparison to shorter terms, BankSA offers special rates for shorter terms from time to time, so make sure you check before applying.
Interest payment options
Depending on the term of your deposit, you can choose to earn interest monthly, half yearly, annually, or at maturity. BankSA can transfer this interest into your bank account. You can visit a BankSA branch and collect it in the form of cash or cheque, or you can reinvest it as a new term deposit.
$0 Setup and monthly fees
Opening a BankSA term deposit does not attract any fees, and you don't have to pay any account keeping fees.
Access to your funds before the maturity date
If you need to, you can access funds in your term deposit before maturity for a penalty, but this requires that you provide BankSA with at least 31 days notice. This notice period does not apply in case of financial hardship.
How to applyYou can open this term deposit account online.
- You're at least 18 years old
- You're a permanent resident of Australia
- You wish to invest at least $1,000
- Details of an Australian bank account where BankSA will pay the interest (name of financial institution, account name, account number, BSB)
- Personal details like your complete name, date of birth, residential address, email address, and phone number
- Tax file number (you have to provide this only if you don't want to pay withholding tax)
- Two forms of ID such as your Australian passport, driver's licence or Medicare card
What happens after I submit my application?
BankSA sends you a confirmation email once it verifies all the information you provide. It opens the new term deposit soon as it receives the funds, and you can look forward to receiving all related documents via mail or email soon after.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked