With the Maxi Saver account from BankSA you could see your savings increase in the first 3 months. First time customers are given a bonus interest rate as an extra incentive to start saving. With this, and a BankSA transaction account, reaching your savings goal can be quicker than you thought.
Be mindful that the bonus interest is available for a introductory period only. After the introductory period is over, you may need to reconsider your financial needs.
What are the features of the BankSA Maxi Saver?
When you are comparing BankSA’s Maxi Saver account to similar products with other banks, make sure to note the following features and benefits it offers.
Introductory variable rate of 2.85% on the first 3 months for new customers
The base variable interest rate for the Maxi Saver is 0.50% p.a. with the opportunity to earn bonus interest of 2.35% p.a. Note, the maximum variable interest rate is subject to the movements of the RBA Cash Rate.
A bonus interest rate of 2.35% p.a. for new customers
For customers who have never used the Maxi Saver to save in the past, a bonus of 2.35% p.a. is added to the standard rate for the first 3 months. This makes your total interest applied 2.85% p.a. on any savings you have in the account.
Purpose of account
This account is for the sole purpose of individual savings. Business owners may want to consider the BankSA Access Saver as an alternative.
No account service fees
With the BankSA Maxi Saver there are no monthly account service fees.
No transaction fees
You will not be charged any fees for using phone or internet banking with this account but you will be charged $0 per transaction if you require assistance from a teller.
Must be linked to a BankSA transaction account
You must have a transaction account set up with BankSA in order to open a Maxi Saver account. This allows you to transfer funds from one account to the other whenever you want using the free internet or phone banking service. However, please be aware there may be fees associated with your BankSA bank account.
How to access your savings
In order to retrieve your savings or add to them, you will need to use phone or internet banking to make transfers. Teller assisted transfers are also available at a BankSA branch but will incur a charge.
Request a monthly statement
A monthly statement can be provided for a $2 fee.
- Competitive bonus interest rates for new customers
- $0 account keeping fees
- $1 minimum deposits required
- Introductory rate is valid for new customers only
- BankSA transaction account
- Fee for receiving statement
How do you apply for the BankSA Maxi Saver?
Once you have completed comparing savings accounts with different banks, if you find that this one has what you need to meet your savings goals then click ‘Go to site’ to be taken to the secure application page.
Eligibility to apply online
First take a look at the eligibility requirements to make sure that you are able to meet them:
- Your age. Applications will only be considered for person’s who have reached their 18th birthday.
- Where you live. You must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen with a verifiable physical address in Australia.
- BankSA account. In order to take advantage of the features of your Maxi Saver account you will need to also have an everyday account with BankSA.
- Minimum deposit. You should be able to initiate the savings account with at least $1.
Documentation required for applying online
If you are able to meet these eligibility requirements, gather the following documentation before proceeding to the application page:
- Personal information. You will need to supply BankSA with your full name, address, date of birth and current address. If you are a United States citizen you will also need to disclose that information at the time of application.
- Identity information. You must be able to provide valid proof of your identity either with a passport or driver’s licence. If you do not have either of these documents you may use a combination of non-photo ids such as a utility bill and your Medicare card. If you are new to BankSA then you will have to stop by a local branch to complete the identity check.
- Account information. You are going to be asked to supply your transaction account number in order for the two accounts to be linked together.
What happens after I've submitted my application online?
It should only take five minutes to complete the application if you are already set up with an everyday account with BankSA. Once the application has been submitted, your new Maxi Saver account should be opened within two business days.