BankSA Complete Freedom Account
This account charges no monthly account keeping fee and offers a variety of ways to pay including Google Pay, Apple Pay or with your Visa Debit Card.
This account comes with a Visa Debit Card that you can use in stores, online or at ATMs all around the world. You'll pay no ATM fees at over 3,000 ATMs in Australia and at over 50,000 ATMs globally.
Enjoy 24/7 access to your account with Internet, phone and mobile banking and make payments with your phone without your debit card using Apple Pay.
Fee Free Deposit
Account keeping fee
ATM withdrawal fee
Overseas ATM withdrawal fee
|Product Name||BankSA Complete Freedom Account|
|Monthly account fee||$0|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|International ATM Fee||$5 + 3%|
|International transaction fee||3%|
|Monthly deposit required to waive account fee||$2,000|
|Contactless Payments||Google Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay|
Alison Banney is the banking and investments editor at Finder. She has written about finance for more than 8 years with her work featured on sites including Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Dynamic Business.
This is an everyday transaction account with a free linked Visa Debit Card for customers over the age of 14. It offers Apple Pay as well as Cardless Cash, which is a feature in the mobile banking app that allows you to withdraw cash from eligible ATMs using your phone without your debit card.
There is no monthly account keeping fee, and no monthly deposit condition to meet either.
You can make free ATM withdrawals at all major bank ATMs here in Australia, and at 50,000+ international ATMs all over the world through the Global ATM Alliance. You can also use the Visa Debit Card overseas in shops and stores just like you would in Australia, but there is a foreign transaction fee of 3% applied to each transaction where a currency conversion is required. So if you travel a lot and prefer to use your debit card to make purchases instead of withdrawing cash, you could save some money with an account that doesn’t charge this fee.
This account offers free staff-assisted transactions, which is great if you like to go into a branch to deposit money or cheques.
SPECIAL OFFER: $40 CASH BONUSReceive a $40 cash bonus when you open a new BankSA Complete Freedom account online by 31 March 2022 and deposit $500 within 30 days of opening the account. You must also make sure the account remains open for at least 50 days from the date of account opening. New account holders only. T&Cs apply.
$0 monthly account fee
This account doesn't charge any monthly account keeping fees. There is no longer a monthly deposit condition in order to have the account keeping fee waived (this used to be $2000).
Linked Visa Debit card
The BankSA Complete Freedom Account comes with a free Visa Debit card, which you can use online or in-store wherever Visa is accepted all around the world.
The following is a list of fee-free transactions you can make:
- Internet banking
- Phone banking
- Visa Debit purchases in Australia
- Withdrawals using the Visa Debit card at ATMs in Australia that are affiliated with the BankSA, St.George Bank, Bank of Melbourne, and Westpac Bank.
- Eftpos purchases in Australia
- Cheque payments
- Teller assisted transactions
- Direct debit
Access free overseas cash withdrawals
You can use an ATM overseas within the Westpac Global ATM Alliance and pay no withdrawal fee. If you use an ATM outside of the network, a $5 fee applies . Other charges may also incur that come from the bank or institution which owns the machine.
3% international transaction fee
There's a foreign transaction fee of 3% of the Australian dollar amount for purchases made using your debit card in another currency. This includes when using the card overseas, and also when shopping online from international retailers.
Minimum deposit of just $1
In order to open the account, you only need to deposit $1.
How to applyIf after making your comparisons between the BankSA Complete Freedom Account and other banks' transaction accounts you find that this one has all that you need, click 'go to site' to be redirected to a secure application site. Before doing so, check the following to make sure that you are eligible for the account and have the necessary documents handy.
- Age requirement. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this account.
- Residency requirement. In order to open a Complete Freedom everyday account you must currently be in Australia with a verifiable Australian residential address.
- Deposit requirement. You will need to have at least $1 available to make an initial deposit.
- Proof of identification. An acceptable form of identification includes a valid driver's licence or passport. If you are not already a BankSA customer, you may be asked to visit a local branch in order to complete the identity verification.
- Proof of address. You will need to supply an Australian residential address where you currently live.
- Personal information. In addition to your name and age, BankSA will ask for a working email address in order to send you updates about your account.
What happens after I submit my application?
Completing the application should take five minutes and BankSA will need approximately two business days to process the information and open the account. At that time you will be issued your Visa debit card and can begin to make the monthly deposits to meet your $2,000 goal.