The Bank of Sydney Saver Account pays an ongoing, variable interest rate of 1.75% p.a. on balances above $5,000. There are no monthly deposit conditions to meet to earn interest, and you can make withdrawals to your linked Bank of Sydney transaction account at any time.
This is a flexible savings account that pays interest on your balance, while still allowing you to make withdrawals whenever you need to.
No account-keeping fees
There are no monthly account-keeping fees to worry about with this savings account.
Earn 1.75% p.a. on balances over $5,000
Balances over $5,000 will earn an ongoing variable 1.75% p.a. with no monthly deposit conditions to meet.
Interest calculated daily
Interest is calculated on your balance above $5,000 daily and paid into your account monthly.
Linked everyday account
When you open the Bank of Sydney Saver account, you'll also receive a linked Bank of Sydney EverydaySaver transaction account. You can make withdrawals from your Saver account to your transaction account at any time with no transfer fees.
$1,000 minimum opening balance requirement
You'll need a deposit of at least $1,000 to open this account. You aren't required to keep growing your balance, but keep in mind that you'll only earn interest on your balance above $5,000
No debit card access
This savings account doesn't come with a debit card, but the linked transaction account does. You can transfer money from your Saver Account to your Bank of Sydney transaction account anytime.
Backed by the Australian Government Guarantee Scheme
Your deposit, up to $250,000, with the Bank of Sydney is backed by the Australian government.
- No monthly deposit requirement to meet
- Transfer money to the linked transaction account whenever you need to
- Automatically receive a linked transaction account at the same time
- Balances below $5,000 earn no interest
- $1,000 minimum opening deposit requirement
How to apply
You can apply for this account online, and you'll get a linked Bank of Sydney transaction account during the same application process.
- Over 18. You must be at least 18 years of age or older to open this account.
- Australian resident. You must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen with a verifiable address in Australia.
Documentation to apply online
- Your ID. You'll need to provide at least two forms of identification in order for your application to be processed, such as a driver's license, passport, birth certificate or Medicare card.
- Tax File Number (TFN). If you don't provide your TFN, the Bank of Sydney will be required to withhold tax on your interest earnings at the highest marginal rate.