The Bank of Queensland Everyday Account is a transaction account designed to manage day-to-day spending and receive payments. It has no account keeping fees, free access to 10,000+ ATMs within Australia and allows you to track your spending via the myBOQ mobile app.
Bank of Queensland Everyday Account
- Account keeping fee
- ATM withdrawal fee
- Overseas ATM withdrawal fee
- Overseas transaction fee of transaction value
This is a great everyday transaction account for use within Australia, as it has no monthly fees and free access to all Big Four bank ATMs. It also offers PayID and Osko payments, so you can send and receive payments instantly from friends and family with different banks. You can also open this as a joint account which is handy if you’re sharing expenses with someone.
The myBOQ mobile app allows you to see your personal spending insights based on your transactions and set up individual savings goals. You’ll also get a free linked savings account too, so you can earn interest on your money when you’re not using it.
This account does charge international ATM fees and foreign transaction fees, which is something to be aware of if you travel a lot or regularly shop online at international retailers.
No account keeping fees
Access 10,000+ ATMs in Australia for free
Spending insights and savings tools in the myBoQ mobile app
Free linked high interest savings account
International ATM fees and foreign transaction fees apply
|Product Name||Bank of Queensland Everyday Account|
|Monthly account fee||$0|
|Own network ATM fee||$0|
|International ATM Fee||$5|
|International transaction fee||3%|
|Monthly deposit required to waive account fee||N/A|
|Contactless Payments||Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay|
|Joint account availability||Yes|
|Minimum opening deposit||$1|
No account keeping fees.
This account has no monthly account keeping fees with no conditions to meet.
Access 10,000+ ATMs within Australia for free.
You can use your Bank of Queensand Visa Debit Card at any CommBank, Westpac, ANZ or NAB ATM within Australia for free.
Free linked savings account
You'll automatically get a linked Bank of Queensland savings account when you open a new Everyday Account. If you're ages 14-35 you'll get a Future Saver Account, and if you're 36 or older you'll get a Smart Saver Account.
These accounts pay bonus interest when you meet the deposit conditions, so you can earn interest on your money.
Spending tools and savings features in the mobile app
You can enable the Round Up feature in the myBOQ mobile app to round up your transactions to the nearest dollar and have the remainder sent to your linked savings account. You can also set savings goals and track your progress, and see spending insights based on your transaction history.
Make instant payments with PayID and Osko.
This account offers Osko payments, which allows you to send and receive money instantly even to people who are with a different Australian bank. By setting up a PayID, you can assign your mobile number or email address to your account instead of using your BSB and Account Number.
Make contactless payments.
You can tap and pay using Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
Protected by the Government bank guarantee scheme
Your deposit up to $250,000 in a Bank of Queensland account is protected by the Government's bank guarantee scheme.
How to apply
You can apply online in less than 10 minutes. When applying for the Bank of Queensland Everyday Account, you'll receive a Bank of Queensland savings account too if you don't already have one.
- Minimum age. You must be 14 or older to open this account.
- Residency. You must have an Australian residential address.
- Identification. You must be able to verify your identity with either a driver's license, passport or proof of age card.
- Tax file number. This is needed in order to apply the correct tax rate to your interest.
- Personal details. You'll need to supply your personal details including your full name and contact details.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked