The Pension Access savings account from Bank Australia combines the features of a transaction account and a high interest savings account. Access your money at an ATM, make purchases over the counter or BPAY payments from internet banking for free. Earn interest on your savings too.
What are the features of the Bank Australia Pension Access Account ?
- Fee free. The Pension Access account is a fee free savings account. If you’re claiming a government pension you won’t pay anything to open the account or any monthly service fees. There is no charge when you withdraw from an rediATM. rediATM has one of the largest ATM networks in Australia. Charges may apply when you use the Visa Debit Card to make a purchase or cash withdrawal overseas or when you need to order a replacement Visa Debit Card. Be sure to check the Bank Australia Pension Access fees and charges product disclosure statement for a full list of charges that may apply to your account.
- Account access. Visa Debit and rediCARD access. Choose the card you want. Both cards let you make ATM withdrawals and over the counter purchases, the Visa Debit Card lets you make purchases online and gives you the worldwide access of a Visa Card, Visa fraud protection and emergency assistance.
- Internet and telephone banking. Register for internet and telephone banking so you can view your account balance, interest earned, make BPAY payments to other accounts and set up recurring credits and debits to the Bank Australia Pension Access.
- Extras. An overdraft facility can be attached to this account so you have access to credit. The addition of an overdraft facility is subject to approval by Bank Australia.
- Eligibility. You can apply for a Pension Access account if you’re in receipt of an aged pension, a disability pension, veterans pension or disability pension.
- Customer owned bank. Bank Australia is the first customer owned bank in Australia. This type of banking institution is accountable to members and not to shareholders. Profits are put towards giving members a better deal through lower fees and better rates.
- Unlimited fee free transactions at over 3000 rediATMs
- Linked Visa debit card
- Eligible if receiving pension
- Need a higher balance to earn interest
How do I apply for the Bank Australia Pension Access?
Start an application for the Bank Australia Pension Access savings account by clicking ‘apply’. This will open a new window directing you to the Bank Australia website and the secure online application or the Pension Access. You can confirm your eligibility for this product below.
To apply for the Pension Access you need to be in receipt of a government pension such as the aged, veterans or disability pension.
To apply for this account you need to lodge an enquiry with Bank Australia. You can fill out the account enquiry form in a matter of minutes by entering your basic contact information.
Enter your first and last name, your address, email and phone number. Provide a time to be contacted by Bank Australia and select the type of product you want to apply for.
Once you submit this form, you’ll get a call from a customer service agent to discuss your application and membership with Bank Australia within one business day.
Before you can become a member of Bank Australia, you’ll need to verify your identity. You can do this by providing one form of primary identification such as your current Australian drivers licence, a valid Australian passport or a passport which expired less than two years ago or a state or territory proof of age card showing your photo. If you’re unable to provide one of these forms of I.D, you can use a combination of secondary non-photographic forms of identification. Bank Australia will let you know which documents you can use to verify your identity.