Aussie Select Basic Fixed Rate Home Loan
Enjoy a fixed rate home loan with the flexibility to make extra repayments
When you fix your home loan you know your repayments won't change. It's a great way to gain control over your household budget. A fixed rate home loan can be an option to consider for people who are looking for certainty with their mortgage repayments.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
Aussie is a mortgage broker not a bank. The company is a subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia Ltd. Credit for Aussie's own mortgage products is provided by several companies.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Aussie Select Basic Fixed Rate Home Loan?
The Aussie Select Basic Fixed Rate Home Loan offers several features to borrowers including:
- Loan to Value Ratio (LVR): There's a maximum LVR of 80% - 95%, with Lender's Mortgage Insurance (LMI) payable for amounts above 80%.
- Loan Term: This loan can be taken out for a term of up to 30 years, giving you the flexibility to pay off your loan at a pace which suits you.
- Minimum amount: This loan can be taken out for a minimum amount of $100,000 up to amounts of $5,000,000, subject to LVR and lending criteria.
- Repayment flexibility. You can set your payments to principal and interest repayments, or you can choose the interest-only option. The maximum interest-only period allowed is five years. Your payment frequency can also be changed from the standard monthly payments over to fortnightly repayments if this suits you better.
- Extra repayments. You are able to make extra payments that are over and above your regular minimum repayment amounts. Be aware that your additional payments are limited to 5% of the loan balance each year before penalties may be charged. For example, if your loan balance is $300,000 you can make an additional $15,000 in payments on top of your normal minimum payment amounts each year without being penalised.
Purposes you could use the Aussie Select Basic Fixed Rate Home Loan for
The Aussie Select Basic Fixed Rate Home Loan is suitable for personal residential purposes and for investment use. You're able to purchase an existing home or refinance a current mortgage from another lender. This loan however isn't suitable for constructing a new dwelling. You can borrow up 95% of the property value with this loan. However, any loan amount that exceeds 80% of the property value may incur a Lender's Mortgage Insurance fee.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Ongoing account keeping fees: $0. There aren't any ongoing account keeping fees with this loan.
- Application fee: $0. There is also no application fee with this loan.
- Valuation fee: The first valuation fee up to $300 is free with this loan.
Please be advised that additional break costs may apply if you repay your entire home loan balance during the fixed term.
How to apply
If you're ready to apply for this home loan, you can simply click on the 'Enquire Now' button on this page. This will open a form where you can enter your contact information. A local Aussie broker will get in contact with you within one business day.
Credit for Aussie Select home loans is provided by Residential Mortgage Group Pty Ltd ACL 414133. AHL Investments Pty Ltd ("Aussie") Australian Credit Licence 246786, is a subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
Applications are subject to approval. Conditions, fees and charges apply. Please note that you need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up to $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 80% of the property's value (terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.