ANZ Fixed Rate Home Loan Review
Lock in a competitive fixed rate with one of Australia's largest and most trusted banks
Purchasing a property is a big investment and you want to be sure you can fund the purchase both now and into the future - especially if rates rise. ANZ allows you to lock in your interest rate for a fixed term, which in turn locks in your mortgage repayments. A fixed rate mortgage gives borrowers more certainty in their budget and eliminates any rate rise surprises.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the ANZ Fixed Rate Home Loan?
If you want the certainty of home loan repayments that won't change from month to month, then you may want to consider an ANZ fixed rate home loan. ANZ offers the following features on their fixed-rate home loan:
- Flexibility with repayments. Payments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly, allowing you to structure your repayments to match your pay. In addition, borrowers can make extra repayments above the required minimum mortgage repayment without incurring any fees, provided you stay below the yearly amount (referred to as the tolerance amount). The tolerance amount is the lesser of 5% of the loan amount at the start of the fixed rate period, or $5,000. This can be a great option if you happen to come across some extra money and would like to reduce your debt.
- Interest-only repayments. The ANZ fixed rate home loan can be used as an interest-only loan for up to 10 years, meaning that you only pay the interest portion of any payment.
- Split rate. An ANZ fixed rate product gives borrowers the option of splitting the loan between a fixed and variable rate. This gives you the security of having a fixed rate and the flexibility of having a variable home loan.
- Full offset facility (for one year fixed rate only). If you have a linked ANZ account, you can use this account as a 100% offset account, reducing the amount on which interest is calculated. This is only available if you fix a rate for one year.
- Eligibility. This loan can be used by any investor or owner occupier who would like to purchase a property between $20,000 and $10,000,000. With an ANZ fixed home loan you can borrow up to 80% of the property's value without paying lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) or up to 90% of the property's value with LMI.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Establishment fee: $600. This fee is non-refundable and goes towards setting up your ANZ Fixed Loan.
- Settlement fee: $160. This fee is to cover the processing and administration costs as the loan is settled.
- Monthly fee: $10. This fee is charged for the ongoing maintenance of your loan and any affiliated accounts.
How to apply
To find out more about the features of the ANZ fixed home loan, click on the enquire buttons on this page.