This everyday transaction account can help you manage your day-to-day spending, and charges no account keeping fees. To be eligible for this account you must be a Concession or Health Care card holder.
Read on to learn more about the features this account offers, and how to apply.
If you’re not a Concession card holder, you can take a look at the ANZ Access Advantage account instead.
Take a look at the following features of the ANZ Access Basic and compare these with other accounts in the market.
No account keeping fee
There’s no setup fees or monthly account keeping fee with this account.
For Concession card holders only
Eligible Concession cards include: Seniors Concession card, Pension Concession card, Centrelink Health Care or Repatriation Health cards (Department of Veterans’ Affairs).
ANZ Access card
This account comes with a linked ANZ Access card which you can use to withdraw money from ATMs and make EFTPOS purchases in store. However, unlike a Visa Debit card you cannot use this card to make purchases online.
Have the freedom to make unlimited ANZ transactions each month.
Internet and mobile banking
Manage your finances at home via ANZ Internet banking, or on the go with the ANZ goMoney mobile banking app. Plus, ANZ Phone Banking is also available if you’d like to speak with someone about your banking.
Security features in place
ANZ Falcon monitors your account for transactions that appear out of the ordinary, and you’ll be refunded for any fraudulent transactions that you didn’t contribute to. Plus, you can download the ANZ Shield mobile app for even more security, which will generate unique codes to authorise large transactions.
Government deposit guarantee
Your deposits up to $250,000 are protected by the government under this guarantee.
- No account keeping fee
- Internet and mobile banking
- Must be a Concession card holder
- Cannot use the ANZ Access card for online purchases
How to apply
If you’ve decided the ANZ Access Basic account is right for you, you can apply online. First, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents handy.
Eligibility to apply online
- Minimum age. You can open this account online if you are over 12 years old.
- Residency requirements. Only Australian residents with an Australian residential address qualify for this account.
- Concession card holder status. You must have a Seniors Concession card, Pension Concession card, Centrelink Health Care or Repatriation Health card (Department of Veterans’ Affairs).
Documentation for your online application
- Tax file number. Providing ANZ Bank with your tax file number (TFN) is not obligatory, but it will be useful if you also have an interest-earning account as it enables the bank to withhold tax on the interest earnings at the correct rate.
- Identification. You’ll need to verify your identity before the account can be opened. This can be done using your driver’s licence, birth certificate or passport.
- Concession card. You will need to provide your Concession card details.
What happens after I've submitted my application?
After ANZ verifies your identity and eligibility, the account will be opened for you almost instantly. You will then be issued your linked ANZ Access card.